• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Sleep Medication

Chongo

Chongo

So currently I take 30mg mirtazapine, 20mg olanzapine and 100mg trazadone to help with mental conditions as well as sleep.

Doctor says we may try prozac or welbutrin in the daytime and minus mirtazapine in the sleep meds. Worried I may never sleep again lol :p Just curious what others use for sleep?

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

The sleep medication situation is fraught. Always consult a doctor.

What do you believe might help you?

What are your thoughts on Melatonin, L-tryptophan?

How do you regard benzodiazepines as adjunct meds for sleep and anti-anxiety?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

welcome to the forum x i used to take zopiclone for a short while but found it doesn't help much
quetiapine is much better for me x Lu x

Chongo

Chongo

I know quetiapine in the past led to tolerance for me. I am on olanzapine instead now. Also they want to avoid actual pills made for sleeping due to the side effects (I have a brain injury so we are all very cautious) Not sure of any meds that could help. I will be discussing this same issue with my sleep doctor friday, just thought I would ask around to see what ideas exist.

*I use 20mg melatoning and in the past used benzodiazepines with success but I had to quit the benzodiazepines due to the memory issues related to my brain trauma

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Takingmybrain Lamotrigine lack sleep Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
B Desperately in need of a sleep aid Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 42
F Ambien dosage and sleep duration Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
N Terrible Night - Lack of Sleep, Reduced down Abilify temporarily to 20ml Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
N Sleep Patterns Disturbed Overnight/Brother works part time during week/Fluxoetine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
T Antipsychotic side effect on sleep Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
R Resperidone withdrawal can't sleep Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
N Best meds for sleep when you have anxiety and depression Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
D vistaril VS gabapentin for sleep? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
D is gabapentin safe for sleep Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
D seroquel not helping sleep Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
Not_Crazy_Yet what do you take for sleep? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 14
M Venlafaxine and sleep. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
P fluoxetine.. cant sleep?? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
B Quetiapine sleep issues Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
N On Mirtazapine, All I want to do is sleep. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 20
S On Sertraline and Struggling to Sleep Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 14
historygirl21 possible addition of new medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
G Needle Pricking sensations all over body ?? Medication ?? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
L medication for anger? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
R Medication works less due to Allergies Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
T I am going to be discharged from cmht to gp, am i allowed to come off the anti psychotic medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
C Please help me select a medication. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
L Medication for anger Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
A Scared to increase medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
S Coming off medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
needthecaffeine Every medication seems to quit working for me Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
A Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
H Stoping antipsychotic medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
K Not liking medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
B How dangerous are psychiatric medication when overdosed or combined by yourself Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
v01ce5 Taking Control of Medication: Joanna Moncrieff and the “The Myth of the Chemical Cure” Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
B Medication suggestions Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Jam1990 Nervous to start new medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Linda1989 I just cant lose weight on medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 26
N GP General Review Appointment - Medication - one aspect Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
A Trouble swallowing caused by my medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
K In need of medication, but I have a complicated living situation Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
P Has anyone had emotional blunting from medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
N Over the Top amounts of Music Tracks in head, without Headphones on/Medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
M I’m coming off medication full stop. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
Bigquestion Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
H Anti Anxiety Medication Advice please! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
Linda1989 On a diet while on medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Zig Zag Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
TalkingToGhosts Unsure about medication my doctor prescribed Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
I Forgetting To Take Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
N Medication Plan for and in ahead and from start of holiday/vacation - soon Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
W Roaccutane/Accutane/Isotrentinoin - Has anyone else had experience with this medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
6 Can anyone know effective medication for thought broadcasting? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9