• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sleep Deprivation Induces Mania

M

Mr. T

hi im new.
my current diagnosis is major depression but i think its bipolar and my psychiatrists havent yet ruled it out. I get months of depression and then Hypomania for about a week.

so anyway i read on the booklet 'secret life of a manic depressive' that sleep deprivation is likely to induce mania. In fact it is one of the fastest ways of inducing mania.

My mania fortunately feels fantastic and makes me productive and creative so im thinking of trying sleep deprivation out. Im so sick of this depressed phase.
:)
probably not a good idea trying this is you have type 1 though

Last edited:
J

jekel1

i with you

i feel the same 100% i have bi polar and my tablets have all but stopped my manics , nowim left with this depression for 5 weeks now , put on 2 stone in weight. it feels as if they only care about stopping the maina and the depressive side aint important. its like you miss the manics a bit because the depression is dreadful. i have bi polar 1 and it has took my life away from me but when i tell the docs they say so no manias then? arrrrrr x im really with you on this you wan the mania back the energy the insight and great feelings.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

M

Mr. T

tonight i will stay up all night watching movies, and every night until i go high, even if i die of exhaustion.

p.s. can anyone tell me how to set pictures on your profile?

M

mad as a hatter

i understand u like the highs i do 2 but they can be just as disruptive as the lows there not that real good for ur health either i suffer both together even on meds so it,s real difficult 2 live with

iffybob

iffybob

MAnic was fun

I used to like being manic, feels like a whole mug of capacheno loaded with sugar pumped strait into my vains......... feels great, not physicaly up to it anymore, so I get manic and depressed at the same time now ........ its no fun any more.........:(

.....buzz....buzz...buzz.......

.... Then again I used to get in trouble :evil: , sooo ........ nah still like the ..buzz...:p

boB..........:(

F

fisherofmen

Total sleep deprivation is a one way ticket to mania for me. My first manic episode took 4 days of no sleep, my second episode took 6 days. It was the time of my life but resulted in a bipolar diagnosis and a life of hell on meds.