• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sleep Anxiety

K

khw777

Anyone become more anxious as it's dark due to having sleep anxiety? How do you control your anxiety?
Thank you

LNW

LNW

Hi, yes, but not because it's dark. It's having to face another night of not sleeping well. I read, watch TV or work on the 'puter until 2 or 3 am, in hopes I'll be so tired that I'll actually sleep - it works sometimes, but it's hard to control the "monkey mind" enough to relax. You know?

S

Saracen

I can't sleep in summer when the nights are light and have come to truly dread this time of year coupled with the heat and noise from outside. I hit high anxiety levels at the very thought of summer. Winter brings blessed relief.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I get scared because it's dark, I have fairy light that give me enough light to sleep.

V

vc2009

Hi, yes, but not because it's dark. It's having to face another night of not sleeping well. I read, watch TV or work on the 'puter until 2 or 3 am, in hopes I'll be so tired that I'll actually sleep - it works sometimes, but it's hard to control the "monkey mind" enough to relax. You know?
Yes this is what happening to me now, afraid to face another night of not sleeping well.