• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

sky blue or anyone on the weight loss journey

T

TOONAFISH

hiya all

i feel so depressed about my weight today. im going to my friends wedding which she just announced a few weeks back (whirlwind romance) and have been shopping all day. i found nothing at all except a pair of black trousers that i can then use for work. i have a loan of a dress form my sister but i look pregnant in it. (i am not exagerating my dh even siad so)

im sorry to moan. i have been good this week on my diet but know there will be no improvemtent in my belly in two weeks lol

i hate being 4 stone overweight. i still have my size 12 clothes in my wardrobe from before i had erin. if only...................

S

skyblue

hiya all

i feel so depressed about my weight today. im going to my friends wedding which she just announced a few weeks back (whirlwind romance) and have been shopping all day. i found nothing at all except a pair of black trousers that i can then use for work. i have a loan of a dress form my sister but i look pregnant in it. (i am not exagerating my dh even siad so)

im sorry to moan. i have been good this week on my diet but know there will be no improvemtent in my belly in two weeks lol

i hate being 4 stone overweight. i still have my size 12 clothes in my wardrobe from before i had erin. if only...................
Hiya Toona,

I've been wondering how you are.

At the moment the max amount I can lose in a week is 1.5 Ib, but I know people who are able to lose 3-4 Ibs a week. Everybody is so different, I'm not sure what your max is, but you still have time to lose alittle bit more. I know it won't be the full amount you wish because obviously that'll be impossible, but afew Ibs will make a big difference, more than you think.

Also, could you possibly be retaining water ? Some herbal tabs could help you out, just for this time.

Another thing you could do to help is to wear those HUGE Pull in underwear/shorts, you can buy some decent ones from M&S. I've worn them before for an occassion, they're pretty hideous and unsightly to look at lol, but they help pull in the stomach, hips and thighs.

About the outfit - Have you thought about hiring something ?

My mum's getting married in two months and I'm looking for a Maxi style dress. Trousers show my bum and it's gigantic so that's a no and shorter style dresses for me are no good because I hate my legs. At the moment I'm looking in the Debenhams range, but recently I've been thinking of hiring something because I very much doubt I'll ever wear it again.

I can quite understand how tough it is though, I really do struggle with losing weight. It's happening, but very slowly and I have to work so hard for it.

You'll be ok Toona, try not to panic over it too much. Hopefully you'll be able to get something sorted with the outfit and get those HUGE pants ! ;)

Take it easy Toona:flowers:

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi - I know how you feel, and I know how frustrating it is when it takes so long to make any difference. Have you ever seen "The Biggest Loser"? - think it's shown on sky in the UK but I'd never seen it before coming to the US - I've watched it a few times and it's quite disheartening when they lose 10 or more pounds a week and I struggle to lose anything - but I figure they get to spend all day every day working on losing weight, which is not the same in the real world!

I saw that you still have clothes in your wardrobe that don't fit - is it possible to pack those up and either give them away or put them somewhere you can't see them every day? Before we moved here, I got rid of a lot of clothes, and it did help a bit, not having them as a daily reminder.

I hate shopping for an outfit for something like a wedding too. As Skyblue said, can you get some shapewear? Maybe it will help to boost your confidence a bit.

Take care and I hope you find something you feel comfortable wearing.

T

TOONAFISH

hi guys thanks for your replys. well i got BIG PANTS lol and a black dress. it is quite sliming and the pants help with the belly.

im feeling a bit better now that i have something.

also i have packed all my size 12 and 14 stuff away but im keeping it packed so i can hopefully get into it again soon.

thanks for repling

emski

emski

you will get there toona, and you'll slip easily into those clothes you've put away

in the meatime, i bet you will look stunning on your new black dress :)

jax

jax

That's great toona that you bought the BIG pants and got a black dress. I am sure you will look lovely in it. x x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NLT Bipolar Forum 5