• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Skipping Work

invise

invise

Does anyone else skip work often?

I've done it three times this week, and I feel so terrible about it. On Monday I was supposed to be working all day, but really couldnt bring myself to go. I just felt totally down and worthless, and ended up doing absolutely nothing all day. The worst bit is I didnt even phone work to tell them. HR tried to phone me on Tuesday and I ignored that too.
I was meant to be working on Wednesday afternoon too, but phoned them up saying I was sorry about Monday, and I had a sore stomach. Then I said I couldnt go in on Wednesday because I have a uni project to submit that im struggling with, but I'd be in on Friday to make up the hours.
Then guess what, today I did exactly the same thing! This is really not like me at all, I like to think Im usually quite a hard and devoted worker. But this week I just feel terrible.

Has anyone else ever felt like this?

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Suffering from clinical depression can make you behave like this. It may be best to see the doctor andget a medical certificate to give to work.

invise

invise

I could do. I feel like I dont want anyone to know though. Its like if I tell them then they'l look down or me, or give me pity, or mock me behind my back, or all the other terrible things associated with mental health. So many people dont understand, I just want to keep it to myself. And im not bottling it up cause I talk here, this forums a great idea.
What if they start getting funny with me and I lose my job? Im only there working through an agency, so I have no job security as it is.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
I lost a lot of jobs due to mental health problems. Those jobs weren't very important to me other than paying bills, and it was in america where there's no tolerance for such things as mental health.
You work or you die.
I'm fortunate at this point in my life to be back home in europe, where there's a modicum of understanding for mental health issues.

I hope you get things sorted. :)