Sitting in the hospital parking lot right now again please someone respond

J

Jtreyo89

So I’m back in the parking lot again at the hospital debating to go in again for the one millionth time but yes today I had just got done eating and I was talking to my grandmother and boom start feeling my heart beating irregular again so I try to calm down and not freak out.. so I check my blood pressure I have a wrist blood pressure checker and it said it detected a irregular heart beat so here I am freaking out thinking it’s it this is it my last day on earth and I am trying to fight it and not go in and waste another night here for no reason but why why why would my wrist blood pressure say it detected a irregular heart beat how can that be anxiety can anxiety cause a irregular heart beat ...

L

Lunar Lady

Go in and get it checked out, darling - you need that peace of mind and just tell them how badly this is affecting you :hug:

J

Jtreyo89

But I was just here again like three days ago and he told me they can’t find nothing and that I need to trust the tests so what if they think I’m crazy if I come in once again for the same thing and they find nothing again

L

Lunar Lady

But I was just here again like three days ago and he told me they can’t find nothing and that I need to trust the tests so what if they think I’m crazy if I come in once again for the same thing and they find nothing again
You're frightened and anxious right now. You need reassurance that you're okay - particularly as you had a reading which worried you.

Talk it through with them - you're not crazy, you are suffering from an acute anxiety state which they need to recognise and respond to by organising support through contacting your GP xx

L

Lemonlime1

Hello 😊
I suffer with a panic disorder and I get a fast heart rate as a result, I get prescribed proprananol to slow my heart rate down when I have a panic attack and they really help (wouldn’t normall recommend meds, against all depression meds and benzodiazepines normally) but may be worth speaking to your doctor aBout?

Try breath in and out over and over, try and focus where you are on something specific; think of the colour the smell and how you feel when looking at the object - sometimes it makes me feel grounded x

L

Lorcos

Did you ever go in and get checked by a doctor?

J

Jtreyo89

Yes I’m in here now and of course they said normal ekg and no need to repeat the blood work he told me that he is thinking that I have depression and anxiety

L

Lorcos

I'm relieved you got it checked. I had terrible images of you still sitting in the car. I hope they can give you something for the anxiety if you don't already have something.

J

Jtreyo89

There have been times where I sat in my car the whole entire night and was to scared to leave the parking lot cuz in my mind I though what if I drive off and boom my heart goes into cardiac arrest I’m hoping to get help really fast he told me I need to find someone to talk to about everything that is going on in my life because I do have a whole whole lot going on and I don’t really have anyone to talk to about it

L

Lorcos

It does sound like you are suffering from anxiety and would benefit greatly from having someone to talk to about it. Anxiety is often confused with cardiac symptoms. Try to get an appointment with a psychiatrist as soon as possible so you don't have to suffer with these symptoms any longer then you have to

S

so sad

Hi
Glad you've got it checked but I totally understand how you're feeling about it. I've been suffering with really strong palpitations for a few months and although an extra beat was seen on an ECG they say its normal and that my anxiety is making it worse. Mine could also be down to hormone levels as I'm heading for the menopause.
None of this makes them go away or any easier to tolerate mind.
Hope you're OK, huge hugs
x

S

Sara_1978

Hey guys, I hope it’s ok to ask this here...iv just been searching up irregular heart beat and this cane up.
So iv been getting palpitations for a long time, iv got them now, no biggie.
I don’t know why but I took my pulse just and now I’m worried.
My pulse beats ok for like say 8 beats but then the next one comes late and really thuds, then normal again and this is what’s happening.
Is that just a normal thing that happens during palpitations ?
Iv never taken my pulse at the same time so when I could actually feel the gap and then the thud it scared me.
Please could you lovely people put my mind at rest once again x

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Hey guys, I hope it’s ok to ask this here...iv just been searching up irregular heart beat and this cane up.
So iv been getting palpitations for a long time, iv got them now, no biggie.
I don’t know why but I took my pulse just and now I’m worried.
My pulse beats ok for like say 8 beats but then the next one comes late and really thuds, then normal again and this is what’s happening.
Is that just a normal thing that happens during palpitations ?
Iv never taken my pulse at the same time so when I could actually feel the gap and then the thud it scared me.
Please could you lovely people put my mind at rest once again x
Have you seen the doctor for it? If so then it is probably anxiety :hug:

S

Sara_1978

No, it’s only something that iv noticed a couple of hours. I do suffer with anxiety and am on medication for this that has just been increased recently.

L

Laudanum

Yes, it's called an ectopic heartbeat, one of two forms of palpitations (the other is tachycardia - fast heartbeat). Most people get a few of them a day, but most don't notice.

One man had 20000 in one day and he was fine:

A PVC is a premature ventricular contraction, which is one of the two sorts of ectopic (the other is PAC - premature atrial contraction).

Generalised anxiety disorder in adults - Symptoms

S

Sara_1978

Thanks so much for taking the time to add that video, I found it really helpful, thank you x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
buzzbuzz Anxiety Forum 3