• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Sisters mental health.

B

Barbus

Hi my name is Stephen and this is my first post,so hello to all,so basically i share a property with my 57 year old sister,back in around early September 2019 my sister starting to act withdrawn and starting saying she felt anxious,i didn't know what to do because it came out of the blue.

Then still in September she had a total mental break down,i walked into our backroom and found her lying on the floor,on
which she let out a terrible scream,she was in a psychotic state of mind,she started hitting me,then grabbed a sharp utensil from the kitchen,i grabbed it and it snapped in my hand.
Long story short,she got detained under a section 2,and was in hospital for approx 2 months,she got released,i didn't think she was 100% well,and i was right.

She got taken into hospital again in June 2020 but they released her after a very short time,which i was not happy about.
And she's been at home to the present day,they diagnosed generalized anxiety disorder,but i believe she has gone into a psychotic depression,she is totally vulnerable,she barely eats and has lost a lot of weight,she just paces around her bedroom
all day and she has extreme paranoia like people are out to harm her,and food water and her medication are poison.

I am not a trained mental health person and i am stressed all the time,and i believe she needs to be sectioned again,but the mental health team she is under are not helping at all.

Regards Stephen

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

welcome x i would go to your gp and ask them to intervene with the cmht ,i have done that before and its worked
what you are all going through clearly is not right and yourself and your sister need more support
please keep posting here and let us know how you get on x Lu x

B

Barbus

Thank you very much for replying,just a few questions,should i contact my own GP or my sisters,and who are the cmht.
I had to call an ambulance Saturday just past,she was claiming she could smell a gas leak in one room,and starting to knock on the next door neighbours door ,she was out of control,they took her to hospital did the usual thing, doped her up with something,then released her back to me in the early hours of Sunday.
Her mental health team are suppose to be coming to assess her on 15/12/20 is there anything i can say to these people to get her admitted,thanks again.

Regards Stephen.

mandy125

mandy125

Forum Safety Team
cmht are the mental health team in your area, you should be able to find out about yours through local information or perhaps going to a n e and asking for a list of useful telephone number
where they will assess your sister than tell you the next steps hope this is useful x

B

Barbus

Thanks Mandy,yeah my sister has a mental health team,over the past months i have contacted them asking for my sister to be admitted a number of times but they are not helpful,all they talk about is medication reviews,but the medication is not working,and i can't cope with my sisters level of mental health.

B

Barbus

So the latest, with my sisters obsession with the smell of gas and her extreme mental state she rang the gas board,i told her not to do it,i had to go to a friends house to get away from her,i stayed a few hours,when i came home about 7:30 pm,there was a gas engineer at my property,
long story short,they cut the gas off to our property,even after that,she called the gas board out a further two times claiming to smell gas,now in the middle of winter we are left with no heating or the means to have baths,the engineer left electric heaters,but they are useless,they cost a fortune to run,we struggle paying our normal bills.