• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

singing voices

B

ble

hi i'm curious to find out if anyone else hears singing constantly from their voices? my voice is singing 24/7

L

Lady Summer Isles

No that's a new one to me. I would think that must be very difficult to deal with. I have several voices and a group of voices. I also hear things like the rain when it's not raining or the phone ringing.
Hugs
:hug:

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

I've had my voices singing for about 3 hours straight but never 24/7, that must be horrible. I hope you can find a way to distract yourself, I am still trying to find away myself. :hug:

B

ble

do you guys have to sleep while the voices are talking? or do they keep quiet

D

drew_71

I keep hearing singing, lines from songs keep repeating, getting faster and faster, but only ever one line of a song, earlier today it was 'If you wanna be in my gang' over and over for hours, was in town but I had to come home as I kept telling it to shut up and thought people were looking, also I kept seeing the same people around, and this company keeps having people/vans everywhere I go.

Star-28

Star-28

I have constant singing and talking at the same time. The best way I can describe it is like an AM radio and an FM radio playing at the same time. Very annoying.

It gets so bad that I do not realize I have done something and I do it over and over. For example... If im in the shower and cant remember if I washed my arm pits I will wash them like three times and then still have to smell just to make sure I washed them. HA!! gross I know but you get the point!!

S

*Sapphire*

I also hear things like the rain when it's not raining or the phone ringing.
I've started getting that too. And I have also thought the radio was on when it is not.

Sometimes it is not until my thoughts are silent that I realise how loud they were. It is usually when I am in times of distress or am alone.

But I don't see them as voices, and I am not disturbed by it.

When I was critically underweight, I experienced a voice shouting at me from behind when I was eating once that was distressing. But to be honest my brain was malnourished at the time. I also remember telling my shrink my thoughts were so loud but again because being underweight messed with my emtional thermostat so badly I think it was as a result of that.

I wonder if I should be worried? I thought it was as a result of getting older or life. And it doesn't really bother me right now.:unsure:

A

Apotheosis

I get repeating words in my thoughts - just recently I had the words 'Sodium thiopental' - constantly popping into my head - it's repeated off & on in my head for decades. Why? I have no idea.

Others that have repeated a lot are - 'Systems analysis', & 'We made contact'; again - I have no idea why?

Sometimes lines in songs do play over & over as well. But these things aren't all the time.

Last edited:
S

*Sapphire*

I get repeating words in my thoughts - just recently I had the words 'Sodium thiopental' - constantly popping into my head - Why? I have no idea.
I get that too. I have an automatic thought when things get bad or I am tired of 'I want to die' even when I really don't. I try to challenge it by then saying 'no I don't!' in my head. I think it is more of a habitual thing, i was depressed for so long I got used to thinking that.

It's hard to knock it on the head though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

S

*Sapphire*

I get repeating words in my thoughts - just recently I had the words 'Sodium thiopental' - constantly popping into my head - it's repeated off & on in my head for decades. Why? I have no idea.
Isn't that a drug used in interrogations sodium thiopental?
That's actually quite interesting.

Others that have repeated a lot are - 'Systems analysis', & 'We made contact'; again - I have no idea why?

Sometimes lines in songs do play over & over as well. But these things aren't all the time.
Can you find any meaning in the phrases that repeat themselves?

A

Apotheosis

It's hard to knock it on the head though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Mindfulness does appear to help - Detached observation of the mind - & as someone posted yesterday - becoming our own enlightened witness.

S

*Sapphire*

Yes it has helped me too and I do practice it. I guess the thought pops up when I am unawares and perhaps not being mindful. It is the habitual part of it I would like to stop. I tried replacing the thought with a positive affirmation but that thought is a sly old fox and almost unconsciously makes its way back when I am feeling vulnerable!

A

Apotheosis

Isn't that a drug used in interrogations sodium thiopental?
Yes, it's used as a truth serum. In the past; on the occasions of becoming incredibly unwell & psychotic - there have been times when I have gone many days without any sleep at all - well over a week to 10 days. I have been in states of mind where I have felt totally brain washed; & like a zombie. maybe it has something to do with that? I don't know.

Can you find any meaning in the phrases that repeat themselves?
I'm very interested in computers & technology. & in a general sense 'System Analysis' is a subject of interest to me. I'm also interested in the Alien question & science fiction - & the expression 'we made contact' - follows a similar term in the film 2010 - "The Year We Make Contact". There is also the Jodie Foster Film 'Contact', & 'the Abyss' I found also made an impact on me in the past. I used to be very in Sci-Fi - But not so much now.

Even with these interests - & I have many other interests as well - it seems odd that these 3 terms would stand out. Maybe these phrases have been significant at one time or another - but there are many many other things that have been significant as well.

Maybe my mind is trying to tell me that I am really a secret operative for the Light Resistance; against the Dark Alien Invasion - & have been given a memory cap & installed as a sleeper in a local resistance cell. That I was an engineer for highly classified 'black' ops; reverse engineering Alien Craft & analysing their technology - I was captured by dark Alien Forces; given truth drugs to tell them all I knew - & after rescue had to be given a false past, Identity & false memories to prevent another security breach? but the memory cap is playing up & lets through the odd pieces of information - in repeating phrases & in my dreams. ;) :)

Then again maybe not. :p

S

*Sapphire*

Yes, it's used as a truth serum. In the past; on the occasions of becoming incredibly unwell & psychotic - there have been times when I have gone many days without any sleep at all - well over a week to 10 days. I have been in states of mind where I have felt totally brain washed; & like a zombie. maybe it has something to do with that? I don't know.
Well maybe it does, it might be indicative of a particular way you are feeling or a sense you get at that moment in time.

Even with these interests - & I have many other interests as well - it seems odd that these 3 terms would stand out. Maybe these phrases have been significant at one time or another - but there are many many other things that have been significant as well.
Why does significance have to be the reason you get these thoughts?

Maybe my mind is trying to tell me that I am really a secret operative for the Light Resistance; against the Dark Alien Invasion - & have been given a memory cap & installed as a sleeper in a local resistance cell. That I was an engineer for highly classified 'black' ops; reverse engineering Alien Craft & analysing their technology - I was captured by dark Alien Forces; given truth drugs to tell them all I knew - & after rescue had to be given a false past, Identity & false memories to prevent another security breach? but the memory cap is playing up & lets through the odd pieces of information - in repeating phrases & in my dreams. ;) :)

Then again maybe not. :p
Honestly Apo, I love a good conspiracy theory but that one goes way beyond my imagination! I hope you enjoyed writing it! :LOL:

A

Apotheosis

Well maybe it does, it might be indicative of a particular way you are feeling or a sense you get at that moment in time.
Yes, it may be triggered by certain ways that I am feeling/thinking.

Why does significance have to be the reason you get these thoughts?
I don't suppose that it does.

Honestly Apo, I love a good conspiracy theory but that one goes way beyond my imagination! I hope you enjoyed writing it! :LOL:
Not as much as I enjoyed thinking & considering it. :)

Last edited: