• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Simple things that have uplifted your mood

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Today I was in my car stopped at an intersection with a car also stopped at this intersection but approaching in the opposite direction. He waved me on for me to turn in front of him. That made me feel good about myself.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Kind unexpected notes, comments, or other positive expressions

Z

ZechariahElijah

Taking my oldest son out for breakfast yesterday! We had a great time

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

Took a 0.5L Monster Energy this evening so I can stay up all night and reset my sleeping schedule. It unexpectedly gave me a boost in morale, while coffee does nothing for me. Anhedonia is still pretty rough, but I guess you just can't have it all

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

TRILLIONS (TRILLIONS!) of Brood X cicadas, after living underground for 17 years, are going to emerge in the next several days or so in the United States. This is the only location in the world where this phenomenon occurs. Their mating noise is deafening (100 decibels). Read the article below for some details (one of many such articles):

Brood X Cicadas

20210506_210104.jpg

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Looking at the ocean and listening to the waves. ( soothing)

F

futurista

I have restarted learning Italian and, surprisingly, performed well on the first exercise.

W

Woskana

That sounds stupid, but after a shower, i decided to put some great clothers, and so i went into the mirror, and i was like

"Damn, you're not that ugly, you're fucking awesome" and that's boosted my mood for all the day.

C

cathanifrind174

Today was a really rough day and I didn't even feel like getting up. Somehow I managed to have my breakfast and my medicines. I went to church this afternoon. I am afraid of meeting people, I have social anxiety along with depression. However, I prayed and mustered courage to talk to the people at the church who were extremely friendly and it made me feel so much better about myself and the world.

It's very hard for an introvert like me to go out of my way to meet people. I'd rather just run away. But I've realized how big of a boon it is to meet people. To top it all off, I told me them the truth: I am on sick leave for anxiety and I have anxiety issues. They didn't seem to care and I'm a little more confident about sharing my struggles with others.

C

charlieblack5

For me lately, it’s my little cat Judi. I don’t know what I’d do without her, she gives me life some purpose. And when she jumps up on the bed for some cuddles, how can you refuse?

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I feel good thinking about reaching the 1,000 messages milestone. I'm at 915 now. Should be any day now.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

TRILLIONS (TRILLIONS!) of Brood X cicadas, after living underground for 17 years, are going to emerge in the next several days or so in the United States. This is the only location in the world where this phenomenon occurs. Their mating noise is deafening (100 decibels). Read the article below for some details (one of many such articles):

Brood X Cicadas

View attachment 43024
I'm counting the days until the Brood X cicadas emerge from being underground for 17 years! They're saying there could be trillions of them! I wish I were living back in Philadelphia right now so that I could experience it first-hand. They don't live as far south as Florida, where I'm currently residing.
🦗🦗🦗🦗