• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Simple things that have uplifted your mood

Z

Zoe1

that reminds me I had a bad day at the supermarket
with people being rude
cutting in front of you and dancing behind you
to reach things impatiently

then someone muttered something at me

but going out of the door
a teenager told another teenager off
for barging in front and it erased the other events

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I finally talked to a person that I almost always see every time I walk (he walks, too). We always give each other a polite wave, but this time I stopped him and asked him some questions. He was very nice to me. Next time I see him, I will stop him again and ask him some more questions. Perhaps we can walk together.

Desire less

Desire less

Went to the motorcycle shop where i bought mine, had coffee and talked for an hour while he stopped working :)

Wishbone

Wishbone

Dogs when they're out for their walks and have that panting/smiling kinda look on their faces (it's totally panting of course but still). The little one I saw today looked so happy with his walk and they always make me smile.

zula77

zula77

Dogs when they're out for their walks and have that panting/smiling kinda look on their faces (it's totally panting of course but still). The little one I saw today looked so happy with his walk and they always make me smile.
Yes I love this too, happy dogs = a happy me! Also the geese who live on the river opposite are always screeching and hissing at people walking innocently by and that makes me smile

Wishbone

Wishbone

A woman lived near to me growing up that had a Goose and it was the best 'guard dog' ever! 😁

S

Shay94

Going to work every day as I play with dogs all day, including taking mine to work 2x per week. It deffs lifts my mood up seeing all their happy faces when they greet me n getting cuddles etc. Also other things like music, reading, colouring in, word/sudoku puzzles etc put me in good moods - am deffs in a better mindset than what I was a year ago when I was at my old job

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Yes I love this too, happy dogs = a happy me! Also the geese who live on the river opposite are always screeching and hissing at people walking innocently by and that makes me smile
I'm surprised that no one has brought up the topic of goose poop:

Frequency of Pooping
A hungry goose can consume up to 4 pounds of grass every day. This leads to high amounts of poop. Geese can poop as much as once every 12 minutes. Because they poop this often, they can leave up to 2 pounds of poop each day! What does this mean for your property? It means that if you have multiple geese inhabiting it (if you have one, you have many), then those numbers start to add up quickly. Even if you have a small number of geese, 2 pounds a day will be an eyesore on your property as well as a health hazard. In some parts of the country, entire beaches have been shut down because the amount of geese poop has caused high levels of E. coli in the water. This illustrates the need for proper geese control by a local company with many years of experience.

Z

ZechariahElijah

Frequency of Pooping
A hungry goose can consume up to 4 pounds of grass every day. This leads to high amounts of poop. Geese can poop as much as once every 12 minutes. Because they poop this often, they can leave up to 2 pounds of poop each day! What does this mean for your property? It means that if you have multiple geese inhabiting it (if you have one, you have many), then those numbers start to add up quickly. Even if you have a small number of geese, 2 pounds a day will be an eyesore on your property as well as a health hazard. In some parts of the country, entire beaches have been shut down because the amount of geese poop has caused high levels of E. coli in the water. This illustrates the need for proper geese control by a local company with many years of experience.
This was not what I was expecting to read when I opened this thread again! Made me laugh!!! You brightened my day!! :D

Darwin the fish

Darwin the fish

A little bird, a species which I'd never seen before, landed in the back yard and pecked around a little.. then the next day, it appeared again in the same spot.

Z

ZechariahElijah

Sitting outside on this beautiful morning having coffee with my wife while the kids played in the yard.

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

Forum Guide
Just playing video games with friends and completing a challenge together.

zula77

zula77

Frequency of Pooping
Oh wow....I can confirm that yes geese do poo a lot...luckily where I live there are people who come along and clean the pavement beside the river every now and again. I'm sure the geese realise and stand there watching, feeling smug :LOL: (Sorry that was ever so slightly off topic)