• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Simple things that have uplifted your mood

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

The first simple thing that happened to me today was when I brought my car into the shop because my rear tire went over a curb and then came back down and I was afraid it damaged the undercarriage of my car. Luckily there was no damage and I wasn't charged for the inspection!

The second simple thing that happened to me today was when I was crossing the street and the driver of a car that was driving beside me waved and smiled to me frantically and sincerely. It was the person who I shared a house with. That made my day!

Of course, I wanted to walk in town today, and I did go into town, but I felt overwhelmed and didn't walk and had to go back into bed. But that's depression for you.

Twinkle Toes

Twinkle Toes

my dog always makes me smile with the little things he does!

I got a cream bun too today with my food shop. I love a cream scone with jam! :p

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I went to McDonalds and ordered two breakfast rolls and two hash browns and they accidentally gave me five hash browns, I was buzzing all day long.

sunset547544

sunset547544

The Thames coming into London looked beautiful today, complete with lots of birdlife and canal boats in the sunshine albeit a trifle chilly. If you are looking for something relaxing but also informative to watch about narrowboating I can reccomend this YouTube channell;

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Accomplishing something I though was impossible. I got to my Dr last month taking public transportation. That IS a big accomplishment for me.

T

treasurebox

Music, reading a book, being able to help someone, and watching Korean drama makes me happy.

C

CabbageMama

Seeing a lovely big crow and a beautiful bumble bee
I was sat in the garden today and there was a massive fluffy fat bumble bee filling himself in to the flowers for a nose. There was their quarter sized counterpart following close by and diving straight in to each discarded flower. I watched them for ages, both staying close and following the same pattern. It was beautiful to watch!

C

CabbageMama

I am loving reading a list of things that make people feel happy! 🙂

Z

ZechariahElijah

We visited some friends last week, and I ended up playing with their 1-year old. He is absolutely adorable! Anyway, he usually cries around strangers, but he and I ended up making friends while the rest of the kids (three of mine, two of theirs) played together. After dinner he came over and hugged me around my legs! So cute!

E

EclipticNight

My mother is getting a knee replaced so I watched the surgery on YouTube. I meant to just take a peak and ended up watching it all. Yep, I'm a geek.

jajingna

jajingna

Weather getting better after a few lousy days. Didn't get a walk past two days with all the heavy rain, but this afternoon will be pleasant enough for that.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Today I helped an elderly woman put her trash into a large dumpster. I said to her that I'll take her trash, and I proceeded to walk to the dumpster and put her trash into it. She was so thrilled that I helped her! It was a simple gesture on my part, but it meant the world to her. That's the best kind of kindness.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Nature or food is usually my go to when I am feeling down. Food doesn't have to be unhealthy but something I don't often have or buy.