• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

simmering boil

bluelives911

bluelives911

Lately i have noticed my anger {i have bipolar? PTSD}is getting a little more on wedge " i am yelling at my poor dogs and i scare them and i truly feel bad , i snap at my wife and she is getting sick of my ways she told me i walk around the house like a BEAR and snapping at the poor cat who freaks out when i yell " i guess what i am trying to say is i am feeling the negative energy of the anger i'm feeling - my marriage is solid and its a happy marriagei want to get a handle on this before i loose it all.

Can anyone help or have any gentle suggestions, at this point want to have some kind ece of mind, thank you and please stay safe.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I do not have bipolar but I wonder if anger management classes would help? There may be some available online.

bluelives911

bluelives911

Anger management is definitely something to think about, i just want the anger to just disappear/subside.Thank you for your advice.

Coop

F

Flim Flim

Do you do any exercise? Maybe something to release the anger.
You can get a punching bag maybe or take a fitness class

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

I also support some cathartic activity. Do something vigorous until you can’t anymore.

Of course therapy might help, too, but don’t discount the amazing benefits of a serious workout most days of the week.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i suffer with anger too ,mine are outbursts that are inappropriate and only last for a short time
its hard afterward to now i have upset the people i love but i definitely agree some kind of anger management might help or even more kind of intense therapy if you felt that might help x Lu x