• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Signs from god or the IRA?

I

Italy2010

Hi all for some context I’m a farmer and I farm cattle but I’m thinking of retiring because the IRA have started persecuting me again, I used to hear voices from people claiming to be from the IRA and I also noticed people following me.

anyway...

I had this one cow who got very sick, and I treated her for 6 weeks when she died at the end. I went through a lot with that cow. Anyway I kept her tag on my wall and I was walking into my room this morning and I see her tag lying on the ground.

I think this was a sign from god that I should keep farming or the IRA got someone to go into my house and place it on the ground

thoughts?

O

On Fire

Are you taking antipsychotic medication?

O

On Fire

It sounds like you are experiencing psychosis. You should ask to be referred to a psychiatrist if you are not already under one, and get a medication review.
Which antipsychotic are you on?

T

Twinkle Toes

From purely a logical viewpoint I'm wondering why the IRA would go into your house just to place a tag from the wall and place it on the floor?

Do you live in Northern Ireland? I could kind of see why you'd consider them a daily threat if you did, (especially if you had been in the army or something and had dealings with them) even though that's not really the kind of thing they do!

Of the two options I'd probably go for believing it was a sign from above (though I'm not big on believing in god in particular, I do believe in loved family members - who have passed on watching over me)

I'd be more likely to believe it maybe a sign from the spirit of the animal I'd loved, maybe that it was time to move on or buy a new calf? (could name it after them)

I

Italy2010

It sounds like you are experiencing psychosis. You should ask to be referred to a psychiatrist if you are not already under one, and get a medication review.
Which antipsychotic are you on?
I’m on Risperidone 6mg

I

Italy2010

From purely a logical viewpoint I'm wondering why the IRA would go into your house just to place a tag from the wall and place it on the floor?

Do you live in Northern Ireland? I could kind of see why you'd consider them a daily threat if you did, (especially if you had been in the army or something and had dealings with them) even though that's not really the kind of thing they do!

Of the two options I'd probably go for believing it was a sign from above (though I'm not big on believing in god in particular, I do believe in loved family members - who have passed on watching over me)

I'd be more likely to believe it maybe a sign from the spirit of the animal I'd loved, maybe that it was time to move on or buy a new calf? (could name it after them)
That’s exactly the kind of things they do to fck with your mind, it’s all just messing around to make you believe in it. It happened before about a month ago and I posted about it on a different sz website and I think that was a definite sign but now that it’s happened again I’m just thinking it was them., they do these kinds of things I know, my cousin is in the IRA.

There’s no way in hell my father would want me farming if it stressed me out as much as it does.(my father died in 2012 btw)

O

On Fire

I think you should make an appointment to see a psychiatrist and discuss what is happening.