• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Side-effects 'should be reported'

v01ce5

v01ce5

A campaign has been launched to get members of the public to report any side-effects they experience after taking medicines.

The Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Authority (MHRA) wants pharmacists to promote and make better use of the "Yellow Card" scheme.

Source and full story: BBC News, 18/02/2008

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ht46 Bupropion/side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
manicmonday How long have you been on your antipsychotic and have you had any side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
J Restarting Fluoxetine at 40mg - side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
S Risperdal side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
Jam1990 Long term side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
P Really bad side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Faith198 Fluoxetine/Prozac increase, side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
Jam1990 Celexa side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
L Vraylar side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
P Cymbalta and Fluxoetine, terrible side effects, PLS HELP Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 11
H Another fun side effect of Aripriprazole Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
N Alternative along side Original Antiphyscotic and mental health all in one arrangements, - volunteering Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
Marigold Dip Sertraline - memory effects normal? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
H What should I do? || Help please! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
O Should I stop taking Wellbutrin? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
W What should I be expecting? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Jam1990 What should my expectations be on Quetiapine (Seroquel) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2