• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Side Effects from Risperidone

M

MagicGeo

Thanks for reading my story, I was on 2mg Risperidone for 6 months and got severe insomnia my eyes would open after 4 hours sleep and frustrated I couldn't go back to sleep up to 1 year I started withdrawing from people and I became very tired with no motivation and brain fog, I was dismissed from my job.

I was on it for 1 year and stopped my symptoms have gone not hearing voices but it's been nearly 15 months clean of all drugs and the side effects are still with me I have no energy or motivation I get out of bed don't want to wash or do anything and I just sit on the couch and watch TV and surf the net.

They say I have depression and want to give me AD but I feel the same as I did before taking Risperidone I am not sad or unhappy I can't bloody do anything I used to do, I was always active and ran a few London Marathons and various other shorter half marathons.

Can anyone help or advise me on the best action to take to get back to normal or have it caused brain damage please tell me if you had similar symptoms after stopping this drug.

Thank you.

jajingna

jajingna

I did take that for a while, not sure how long or what dose, but it was a poor match for me. Anyway, how is your diet? Dunno if many docs ask about that, but it is so important. I just recently altered mine to reduce junky carbs and sugars and I'm feeling OK despite a tough week where I drank too much.

M

MagicGeo

I have been looking at natural methods to increase dopamine and serotonin like,

Cod Liver Oil 1000mg, Pure Omega 3's
L-Tyrosine Capsules 500mg 1 a day

If this fails I will try and get the doctors to prescribe SELEGILINE.

Thanks

Geo

jajingna

jajingna

That's good. I've been eating some salmon once or twice a week.