• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sick to death of people making fun of me

J

Jisatsu

Ever since I was about 8 or 9 people have consistently bullied me. Even moving schools didn't solve the problem; I just had different people taking the piss.

Bullying is one of the triggers that made me start to self harm and I thought by the time I (and my peers) were all 16 or 17, we'd have enough maturity to be above all of this. I'm obviously wrong.

A girl that used to be my best friend is now the girl I hate the most. She basically ruined my old relationship and then used him and his best friend.. anyway, her and one of her pathetic friends are mocking me on a photo on fb even though they know I can see it?

I wonder what makes people pick on people for no bloody reason. What have I actually done wrong, I don't understand? Am I that much of a horrible person that even when someone doesn't know me they feel the need to take the piss out of me? People like this just make me feel so shit and now I can't stop crying and it's not really because of this insignificant comment, it just brings everything back to me.

H

Hyperchick

I think some people are just plain nasty. The worst thing I think is when others believe what the bully is saying when you thought these people were friends of yours. I'm afraid the only advice I can give is to completely ignore them, they'll soon get fed up when they see they are getting no reaction from you and they are not worth your tears. I hope things get better for you soon.

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

This is one of the reasons I don't do face book. I found that looking back made me feel that I have achieved feck all with my life, so I don't do it anymore. Ain't nobody gonna make me feel any worse about my life thankyou very much.

D

DELATEXT

bullying

mister belittle, mister dirt,
who feeds on your pain and hurt,
bladed words and drooling spittle,
he's the fake want to be,
mister no class, pathetic misery,
picks on others to get attention,
sits alone, mumbling in detention,
mister twisted, mister waste,
he must be resisted, get him off your case !!

:grouphug:

L

Libbeh

same thing

;)i know how you feel :(
people take one look at my fringe and think "ohh emo!"
so they take the piss. ><
it annoys me too.
but i found a way around it. they followed me one day asking "wheres yoyr razor, wheres your knife?"
so i walked up to my freind and said "HEY WANNA GO SLIT OUR WRISTS??"
they twats looked shocked then walked off. :)

F

fallen-angel17

i know how u feel. bein bullied is one of the most painful things that u cn experience throughtout life, i see it , that if u are bein bullied by someone then obviously they arent happy with their own lives, and its pathetic that they feel the need 2 ruin other peoples life, please just try and not let it get to u, i know its easie said then done, but u will get through it, just ignore them, there childish, just take it witha pinch of salt and jus smile back theyll soon get fed up and move on 2 somebody else x supportive hugs and best wishes:grouphug:

D

DancerInTheDark

;)i know how you feel :(
people take one look at my fringe and think "ohh emo!"
so they take the piss. ><
it annoys me too.
but i found a way around it. they followed me one day asking "wheres yoyr razor, wheres your knife?"
so i walked up to my freind and said "HEY WANNA GO SLIT OUR WRISTS??"
they twats looked shocked then walked off. :)
Hahahahaha.

Ditto, man.
I go through the almost same thing.
They call me goth though, that's even more pissing off.
I rather be called scene or any other shit, but GOTH? :eek:

I get called emo, once in a while.
Remember the quote, "I love the rain, because nobody can see my tears."?
This guy, he once asked me to run outside my house, I asked him why, and he goes like it's raining, and I'm like :confused: and he's like 'Go cry, emo kid.'

My ex-boyfriend once told me, "People will always remain people, and haters will always remain haters." You cannot change them, but you cannot let them hurt you either.

I say, fuck 'em. :)

H

hamster88

I get people making fun of me too, but the best way is to think they are the real losers, although it is hard to ignore the words, that is all you need to do.
Stay strong.

D

DELATEXT

remember

remember these morons are scum, they are so pathetic, no style, no class, a pile of festering crap !!

:mad::grouphug::grouphug:

L

LydiaKolman

I wonder what makes people pick on people for no bloody reason. What have I actually done wrong, I don't understand? Am I that much of a horrible person that even when someone doesn't know me they feel the need to take the piss out of me? People like this just make me feel so shit and now I can't stop crying and it's not really because of this insignificant comment, it just brings everything back to me.
Actually, I just blogged about an article written by a psychiatrist on this. He said that the bullies are able to identify who will be the most vulnerable to their attacks and then hone in on them. It has nothing to do with you. They're just predators looking for prey. Keep your chin up. You will be out of school soon and then they will be behind you.

www.blog.outoftherabbithole.com

I

ImTrying

This makes me angry just reading it, I can't imagine how you feel.

Just, it's really really difficult, but try to remember that you are not that kid, or that 16-17 year old that was bullied. You are the person you are now. If they want to stay stuck in their pathetic teenage glory years being vicious and redundant, then they will. Try to just put this into perspective, and not waste any more of your time thinking about them. Just *try* not to dwell on it, which is really hard, because I know I would, but it will only make you feel worse.

and, maybe post their real names and email addresses on here so we can flame them and remind them that YOU DON'T MESS WITH CRAZY PEOPLE!

ah, i don't know, i'm sorry you have to put up with these people. it's not a reflection on you, and i hope you know that.

J

Jisatsu

Hey, thanks for the message.
I do try to ignore what they say and although no one has really bullied me in a few years, I find it hard to trust people and even if I'm walking on my own and people are behind me.. if they stop talking to each other or they start laughing I assume they're making fun of me.
I get scared of going out because I worry I'll see people I know (or even people I don't know) that will mock me.

I started talking about this briefly with my counsellor but I got upset and didn't want to say anymore because otherwise I'd just cry and get embarrassed.

I

ImTrying

i'm glad you brought it up with your counsellor, hopefully it will be helpful to talk about it.

strangely, i do the exact same thing, sort of. if i go out i am always dreading seeing anyone i know for fear that they will say something horrible or bring up something embarrassing i've done and humiliate me.
if i actually run into anyone, i spend the whole conversation panicking in my head.

isn't that weird??

i mean, why would they do that?

i'm not talking about enemies here, i mean anyone that knows me more or less. i just assume they will bring up something that makes me uncomfortable. i start to feel queasy.

i know, rationally, there is no reason they would do this, and that i probably won't run into anyone anyway, but i feel this overpowering dread when i go places where i know a lot of people i know might be. some places i won't even go to, just in case.

sorry to hijack your thread with my ramblings.

what did your counsellor say on the topic?

J

Jisatsu

I feel the same way. I get so worried about going places that I know people I know will be there, even people I'm friends with or get along with. I just think in my mind they'll mock me. Sometimes I avoid going to places in fear of this happening too.

My counsellor just said that it was obvious it is hard for me to deal with and talk about.. probably because I've never actually talked about it aloud before.

I

ImTrying

I didn't know other people did this. It's sort of comforting in a way. Although, I'm sorry that you do it too because I know how horrible it is.

I find that the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy principle works quite well here, the process of when you think something that upsets you, to ask yourself a) is it true? and b) is helpful?

so to remind yourself that you probably won't see these people, and it is really really unlikely they will mock you if you do see them, and it's definitely not helpful to think they will because it makes you feel bad.

it's a really good theory, but i still worry that someone is going to appear and say something to make me feel uncomfortable.

do you ever wish you could go somewhere where nobody knows you and start a new life?