• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sick of it all...

T

'The One'

Can I just say I am sick and tired of having a problem that no-one can fix. I've had this same problem with my head and neck since about two or three years ago now. I have become used to it, and the nature of it has changed bit by bit over time, though the essential thing itself has remained.

I'm wondering if anyone else understands what I'm talking about and if anyone else has the same problem. What people should do is find a TRUE solution to problems like these and then maybe the world can carry on. Whoever goes through this kind of problem ends up wanting to help the world and discover cures for this kind of thing so why don't we try to find a practical and physical solution to this problem, because the nature of it IS physical, because it is a feeling INSIDE the head...(?) It is like a dark cover over the back and front of the head.

It's frustrating...

S

saffron

it is SO frustrating. I think becasue we want someone to give us the ansewer. Who will be that person? who knows you so well that they know exactly what you are thinking, feeling or demanding? NO one but yourself.
I have come to learn that the only one who can know about you is you. the trick is how you confess this, how you put this across and how you are
honest with yourself and able to convey this to others without worrying about what they think or can help.
I, personally, cannot rely on someone else ever understanding what I am thinking and have come to terms with looking at and after myself and being honest with what I find and then talking to relevant people about it, so they can then help me or just find ways of helping myself.
I always thought that people would realise what I was going through, but they do not, so sometimes you have to spell it out to them.
S:hug:

Q

quality factor

Can I just say I am sick and tired of having a problem that no-one can fix. I've had this same problem with my head and neck since about two or three years ago now. I have become used to it, and the nature of it has changed bit by bit over time, though the essential thing itself has remained.

I'm wondering if anyone else understands what I'm talking about and if anyone else has the same problem. What people should do is find a TRUE solution to problems like these and then maybe the world can carry on. Whoever goes through this kind of problem ends up wanting to help the world and discover cures for this kind of thing so why don't we try to find a practical and physical solution to this problem, because the nature of it IS physical, because it is a feeling INSIDE the head...(?) It is like a dark cover over the back and front.

It's frustrating...
Hi, over the years I've had some very strange sensations / feelings in my head all of which are physical. I am assured that can be put down to tension from anxiety / stress. The hard part is getting rid of them!!...I've been advised over and over again to try a variety of relaxation techniques.

Hope this might help your mysterious feelings!!

Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Founding Member
Hi, over the years I've had some very strange sensations / feelings in my head all of which are physical. I am assured that can be put down to tension from anxiety / stress. The hard part is getting rid of them!!...I've been advised over and over again to try a variety of relaxation techniques.
I have these sensations / feelings as well. When I first started to experience these I thought I might have tumours growing in my head. Luckily, the Doctor ruled that out and I put it down to the above.

T

'The One'

Yeah, I've also put it down to stress and anxiety now, but I've learned to 'come down', and learned a few techniques as well. I've learned to 'raise my spine up' and woken up my senses by using my eyes like a camera (because they are like a camera), zooming them in and out of the scene in front of me. Although, I'm not sure that this makes any sense to people in general but it sure helped me when I was in need of a solution to feel better. I sort of learned how to manage my body, neck and head while having the problem I have/had. I hope that some of this helps other people who may have the same problem, and I'm sorry if it's mostly gibberish...

T

'The One'

When I say 'come down', I mean relax your body, and 'raise your spine' is for anyone who feels that they have a big spine that's uncomfortable, if that makes any sense...I'm not sure whether it's best to lower or to raise your spine though...

Last edited:
T

'The One'

Please tell me if I'm talking rubbish. If any of the information I give is wrong or if it only makes things worse, please tell me...

T

'The One'

I would say it's best to raise your spine, if you understand what I'm talking about. If you don't understand, just forget it, it doesn't matter, I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone anyway.

T

'The One'

I suppose you can't raise nor lower your spine ALL THE TIME, but you can try everything and anything you can to make sure you feel comfortable...

W

Windblows

Founding Member
Quoting 'The One'
"I suppose you can't raise nor lower your spine ALL THE TIME, but you can try everything and anything you can to make sure you feel comfortable..."

Do you get any strange sensations anywhere else in your body that might be due to blockages or tension in your spine? The spine is very long and each vertebrae has neral conections to particular parts of the body.

I seem to have a distortion in my upper spine at the base of my neck that might have resulted from a childhood injury. The affected vertebra in my case relates to my hands and these often experience an unpleasant and sometimes slightly dibiletating 'sensation' or tingly numbness. This is not in the mind but it is disturbing that no doctor has been able to explain it.