• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sick of eating all the time..

K

karimali831

I always seem to get hungry very quickly, and am sick of it. I buy a large portion of chips and codfish and a few hours later I'm hungry again!

Is this even normal to start with? I weigh 10 Stones and I'm 6 foot. Not fat at all and have a very high metabolism.

Also £15 -£20 is my daily budget on just food. They say, eat more filling food. But it's not the same and doesn't taste as good as chips and chicken burgers etc and besides it just costs more.

It's not the fact that I don't like to eat, it's going out all the time, feeling unhealthy etc. I do engage in sports, this gets worce though as it burns off the energy and you still to feel even more hungry.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Don't buy takeaways. Cook at home if you can and you'll save money and can make alsorts of tasty meals.If you are 6ft with a fast metabalism then you will burn food fast. You could get a health check with your GP.

S

Sall1

Founding Member
Hi there,

I agree with KP, if you're concerned you should see the GP. Do you have any problems with your physical health that could be causing this? It might be good to get a check up? Rule out the physical stuff first and then look at possible psychological causes.

Good luck.

Sall:hug:

K

kelly.x

hey

hey there... i'm exactly the same... i cannot stop eating !! when i go over what i have had i feel disgusted with myself... i even take drugs to try stop my cravings.. but as soon as i stop i'm back to eating EVERYTHING.. and read reply about cookin healty meals.. things like that... but i just can't... well i do.. but i still pig out on fatty foods after or the day after... i hear people tell me all the time.. balanced diet... but really i just cannot do it... i go to the gym times a week for up to 3 hours and take laxatives so luckly i'm not gainin weight... but i am just so sick of being like this and feel awful !! x

D

Dollit

Karimali - a visit to the GP would be a great idea, ask for a thyroid function test.

Kelly - that sort of eating coupled with the exercise and laxatives sounds like the beginnings of an eating disorder and a trip to the GP wouldn't be a bad idea for you either.

S

saffron

Hi k
there is a thread below this one that has a wesite to help people with eating problems, they maybe able to help by giving advice on how to have what you enjoy but in a much healthier way. google: beat: eating disorders.
good luck with everything
S