Sick note

D

Dollykoko

I went to my doctor for the third visit in a line of desperate visits about my excessive anxiety, deep depression which has minifested in me literally not being able to function. At any level. Among other issues. I asked for a sick note as I now need to access some sort of benefits as I can’t work. And she wrote LOW MOOD on my note. I mean what the hell ?
I’ve never been so mentally unwell that I can’t lift my head up off a pillow and she writes low mood? Help me out here?
My husband is furious as he’s seen the state Ive been in. It’s unacc and makes me feel even more pathetic than I have before. Help me out here?

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Sorry to hear you're struggling with symptoms and feeling like your doctor hasn't been taking you or your condition seriously.

If you feel too poorly to advocate for yourself perhaps your husband can contact your doctor, describe your symptoms and ask for a reevaluation.

somedaymaybe

somedaymaybe

As mentioned, I believe a reevaluation is a must here. I think probably best with a different doctor as well. Sorry that you are going through a tough time!

D

Dollykoko

Husband rang the practice. Dr rang me back and asked what I wanted her to write?! I said the actual problem would be nice you’ve seen the state I’m in. I can’t take that to a pip assessment or an employer? Literally I have no words!!

write

write

Husband rang the practice. Dr rang me back and asked what I wanted her to write?! I said the actual problem would be nice you’ve seen the state I’m in. I can’t take that to a pip assessment or an employer? Literally I have no words!!
Hi, welcome hete xx Am sorry you're struggling. In my experience it is quite usual for GPs to write "low mood" on initial sick notes as doesn't give much info so can be useful if people feel uncomfortable with eg employers knowing much about mh issues/confidentiality. You can discuss what would be more helpful for GP to write. If you need evidence for PIP then any report would as you say need to be more specific but sick notes aren't usually used as evidence. Hope you can talk to GP and hope you can get some help to feel better soon xx