Shut down like my brain wants a break from reality

M

Mexis

I feel like this all the time. I go around like an empty shell, feeling absolutely nothing essentially. It's as though my brain wants an indefinite break from reality. Can anyone relate to this?

M

Mexis

lots and lots of us.

Are you on meds? Did you just start them or change them?
Yes, I'm on Anafranil 225 mg per day, reduced down from the maximum 300 mg allowed. It's not helping.

T

treasurebox

Hi! Remember that you are important and that you are loved. Remember that you have something in you that you can share or contribute to the people around you. You are needed and you have the ability to make a good difference to others. You may want to volunteer to a shelter or feeding others. What are the things that you may do to help others? Helping gives you happiness and significance. So, when you have an opportunity it will really be good for you to lend a helping hand too.

Love yourself. Accept yourself because nobody is perfect. You may have weaknesses, but you have strengths too; strengths that will make you shine and be a better person.

You were born to be happy. It will do you well to do activities that make you happy so long as they won't harm you. You may want to do activities such as listening to good music, watching good films, exercising, food tripping, doing hobbies, spending time with your friends and family and the like.

Learn to relax and rest. Enjoy life.