• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Should you tell Ur work place you have schizophrenia?

• Thread starter HearingVoicesSupportGroup
  • Start date
H

HumbleHubby

I took this approach at first and was discriminated against. Try it yourself. Perhaps you will get lucky bro.
I also got discriminated in one place too, the next employer is fully supportive.

Why work for a toxic company, find the right company for you

P

pollypocket88

I work doing part time admin from home I’ve had to stop that because of the decline in my mental health . I suffer with anxiety , ocd and ptsd psychosis. I did do some admin finance for a hotel last year I was honest and up front in interview and they were like oh that’s so brave telling us the manager told me she had depression and she’s a mental health advocate but then after a few weeks when they realised how my illnesses can affect me they turned really horrible I left in the end . Personally I would prob won’t again mention it in a interview but I will on the forms put what meds I’m on ect .

L

louise_louise_louise

I worked for the NHS and not declaring could lead to a job offer being withdrawn. Also if you work 9-5 and need to go to the CMHT, you can have the time off. However it led to me being really scrutinised at work even when well

If I worked in a job where I was not directly responsible for people I wouldn't

Quijas6

Quijas6

I'd only disclose if you are going to ask for reasonable accommodations, even then I'd be cautious. I had a position where I disclosed PTSD to ask for accommodations and was put on work leave and terminated shortly thereafter. Blech.

P

pollypocket88

Yeh I think as soon as I mention ocd ,anxiety , ptsd psychosis there prob be like err we won’t hire her . When I had just ocd and anxiety I got hired but people don’t realise how bad ocd and anxiety can be .

I do have a friend who has depression and she got sacked for calling in sick for being depressed and she took them to court and one so there not supposed to discriminate but I bet they do still

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Hearing Voices Forum 6