• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Should we have our brains read?

B

brainfeels

I think we should somehow find a way to have something like a computer read our brains aloud. That way, we can see what's being said and hopefully, someday, see where the voices are coming from. Then, maybe, we can actually eradicate the voices. It will also, I believe, make the voices more believable... Perhaps, one of the biggest reasons that scientists haven't found a sure cure is that no one really believes the voices are alive and real... But we know better... We just have to get the world to see the words the voices speak to us in print. Maybe, how they read Pancho's brain could work (Tapping Into the Brain to Help a Paralyzed Man Speak). Or maybe, we haven't even reached that far yet... Maybe, it'll take years before they can actually read our brains (The Science of Mind Reading)... But either way, then, even we can see what's real and what's not. We can sift through the madness and have a brighter reality restored.

What do you think?

O

Orangeade

I think we should somehow find a way to have something like a computer read our brains aloud. That way, we can see what's being said and hopefully, someday, see where the voices are coming from. Then, maybe, we can actually eradicate the voices. It will also, I believe, make the voices more believable... Perhaps, one of the biggest reasons that scientists haven't found a sure cure is that no one really believes the voices are alive and real... But we know better... We just have to get the world to see the words the voices speak to us in print. Maybe, how they read Pancho's brain could work (Tapping Into the Brain to Help a Paralyzed Man Speak). Or maybe, we haven't even reached that far yet... Maybe, it'll take years before they can actually read our brains (The Science of Mind Reading)... But either way, then, even we can see what's real and what's not. We can sift through the madness and have a brighter reality restored.

What do you think?
I would like that! So i could really figure out whats going inside my brain

EdEd

EdEd

I think we should somehow find a way to have something like a computer read our brains aloud That way, we can see what's being said and hopefully, someday, see where the voices are coming from. Then, maybe, we can actually eradicate the voices. It will also, I believe, make the voices more believable... Perhaps, one of the biggest reasons that scientists haven't found a sure cure is that no one really believes the voices are alive and real... But we know better... We just have to get the world to see the words the voices speak to us in print. Maybe, how they read Pancho's brain could work (Tapping Into the Brain to Help a Paralyzed Man Speak). Or maybe, we haven't even reached that far yet... Maybe, it'll take years before they can actually read our brains (The Science of Mind Reading)... But either way, then, even we can see what's real and what's not. We can sift through the madness and have a brighter reality restored.

What do you think?
I think that would be an excellent idea , and I would really like to see this type of technology developed.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

This technology is on its way already. I would totally do this. I don’t hear voices but what if a computer in my brain could understand when I was getting depressed and then stimulate something to counteract it.

C

chargrillwon

This doesn’t sound like a good idea to me at all. The mind should remain private. I think this would cause a nightmare reality and lead to ruination. Total invasion of privacy. Inhumane.

C

chargrillwon

It would likely lead to the collapse of civilization. People’s innermost thoughts should remain private absolutely. I have never met a perfect person. I don’t think anyone is. Not to mention if this fell into wrong hands or was perhaps unintentionally used for something that seemed like a good idea at the time but later became clear it had dire and horrid consequences. People would go mad trying to keep their thoughts “pure” and lose all productivity and able to function. total nightmare. Mental health crisis would worsen. People would get severe anxiety and maybe develop mental disorders. Not to mention the people or robots reading/hearing the inner minds of the people would themselves have their minds/logic broken and make wrong decisions and wrong judgments about people. The hypothetical people listening/reading to the minds of humanity would end up cursing themselves and would detract from humanity’s ability to make wise decisions.

I don’t know the exact story but when Moses was leading people through, he had a difficult time because people were outwardly bitter and divisive and insecure. Just imagine the inner environment…. It’s certainly a good thing that it was private.

The saving grace.