• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Should I tell my psychiatrist? If so, how?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Being on 300mg on clozapine still caused heart problems and I took matters into my own hands and lowered my dose to 200mg. I no longer have heart problems with it and for a while. But, my psychiatrist doesn't know. I'm really scared to tell her because I don't know how she'll react... 😣
What should I say to not get shouted at? 😔

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Propranolol works for heart problems.

A

albagobragh

I doubt if she'll shout but she may make a point that she would like to be in control of your medication. It's important to be upfront about it. Explain why you did it but let her know.

D

Deleted member 93850

Can't live with a broken heart. Yes, tell them you're taking only 200.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Getting off anti anxiety medication can be a good thing. Tell her much better your feeling. Worked for me in this situation recently. It was a mission I set on to get off of mine. Feeling ok?!? Kinda bored without it.

D

Deleted member 91323

Your psychiatrist has no right to shout at you. I think being honest is the best way forward so you can ensure you get the right treatment.

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Being on 300mg on clozapine still caused heart problems and I took matters into my own hands and lowered my dose to 200mg. I no longer have heart problems with it and for a while. But, my psychiatrist doesn't know. I'm really scared to tell her because I don't know how she'll react... 😣
If lowering the dose has helped you with feeling better, i wouldnt worry about telling your psychiatrist and what her reaction will be. Sounds like you did the right thing and if you were having heart issues due to the dosage levels, they should have lowered it instantly for you

N

Nate

I'm also on clozapine 300 mg. I take atenalol to help with heart problems. I would tell your pych doc that you have changed your meds. What can she do to you? After all it's your body.