Should I tell my doctor

G

Gredge23

My paranoia is getting worse

I think my parents have cameras around the house spying on me
I think someone or something is out to get me I believe they are poisoning my water I drink and my food
I believe I am the centre of the universe and everything revolves around me
I feel I cannot get away from what is out to get me it has every angle covered I think I am doomed

Should I tell my doctor this as in my GP or should I go straight to my psychiatrist?

I dunno if I want to go to my psychiatrist as she has a habit of beating down my experiences as if I am lying to her I feel I will get nowhere

Last edited:
Unique1

Unique1

Hi Gredge.

Sorry about how you feel right now.
If you are a little unsure, maybe start by telling your GP. you could mention your fears over your phsychiatrist to your GP. If he/she feels you need to go to your phsychiatrist then I'm sure he will refer you/tell you that. I think the important thing is to tell someone who is a medical professional soon, so that you can get the support you need.

I wish you well....

C

Christobel

Sorry you are feeling so poorly Gedge. When I am in a crisis, and it sounds as if you are, I always phone my psychiatrist's secretary, and by next day or earlier my psychiatrist phones me back. Sometimes I am calmed down by just talking to her on the phone. Other times I will have a proper consultation. I certainly would'nt struggle on without any help.

G

Gredge23

Thanks unique1 I will follow ur advice thank you , it's been upsetting me lately as it seems to be getting worse I don't want to have these thoughts especially about my parents but I cannot help it.

Do you get paranoid thoughts like these?

G

Gredge23

Hi christobel , unfortunately my psychiatrist is not like that she does not care for me if I rang for an important meeting I'd probably have to wait about 2 weeks

I just told my mother about the cameras she laughed at me

Unique1

Unique1

Hi

I think the important thing is to tell your GP soon.So that you can get some help/support.
I understand it mustn't be nice for you.

I can be quite paranoid about people in general , especially if I'm depressed or anxious.

Christobel is right though an appointment quickly is needed to help you.
If you have a phsychiatrist you are under it would be good to try see them, but if you don't want to do that go see your GP, the important thing is to get some help soon to enable you to feel better.
X

G

Gredge23

I also just told my girlfriend she also laughed at me I feel so upset they don't believe what I am saying I now feel crazy for what I have said that's not fair

C

cells

Your psychiatrist will see this new and important thing you have to tell them as an unsound experience IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gredge23

Hi what is an unsound experience?

G

Gredge23

Yes you hit the nail on the head , it's very upsetting when they do that.

F

FieldOfRoses

It is so frustrating when people laugh at you during a difficult time...
When I told the nurse at the hospital about my experiences, he just laughed. How unprofessional. I see my psychiatrist tomorrow... I hope he doesn't laugh at me (I'm sure he won't though)

Unique1

Unique1

It is so frustrating when people laugh at you during a difficult time...
When I told the nurse at the hospital about my experiences, he just laughed. How unprofessional. I see my psychiatrist tomorrow... I hope he doesn't laugh at me (I'm sure he won't though)
Hope your visit to phsychiatrist goes ok. I'm sure he won't laugh at you.
Best wishes x

Palladian

Palladian

Laughing at peoples experiences is really horrible I get that a lot I think people just can't get their head around what seems so real to the mentally ill.