• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

should I talk?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi all,

I'm really struggling.....again! I am very low, having thoughts almost constantly of sh, and now suicidal thoughts. I usually think about o/ding when like this, but this time I'm planning much more, thinking things through - ways on making it easier on my family. I'm scaring myself. I've put off posting on here because I feel like a burden - only ever posting when I need help and not being there for others, plus it gets me paranoid when nobody replies to my posts.
Should I tell my close friend how I'm feeling? I don't want to upset her, but then I think at least if she knows how bad I am feeling, it will be less of a blow when I do something.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
I think you should tell someone. I am sure as a friend they would rather you about as not to bottle it all up.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I definitely think you should talk to someone about how you are feeling honey. I hope you don't go through with your plans your making. :hug: xx

C

cherbear

Aw hunny so sorry you are feeling so low . I'm in pretty much the same place . Talk out about how you are feeling and see your GP and therapist if you have one. Please be safe . Feel free to pm me if you would like to . Sending you love and a massive hug xx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thanks for the replies, just writing it down has helped, and the support from you guys is immense - I know it's not a cure though and the thoughts will be flooding back in time, but I'll enjoy the respite whilst I can xxx

M

Mastiff mom

Dearest sparkly, please talk to someone. I have gone as far as planning my own funeral when in your state of mind. Please know you matter to me and others here. Please know you are loved, valued and special. Please keep sharing. You can pm me anytime. Hugs!

katya

katya

You should definitely talk to your loved ones; they'll be so glad you did. :)

Hope you're feeling better today.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I'm talking, but it's making me feel worse, I can't seem to see a way out of things, I can't see what can help me feel better, I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel

katya

katya

I'm talking, but it's making me feel worse, I can't seem to see a way out of things, I can't see what can help me feel better, I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel
It's often a long process; keep going, though, because you're doing the right thing by addressing how you feel. Maybe try other ways to address your feelings, too - have you considered talking therapy with a professional, for example? Sometimes it's easier to talk to someone who doesn't know you.

V

Viktoria

I agree with what everyone else has said, I hope you can make the right decision and not go through with your plans. Keep talking on here if it helps and feel free to PM too. Hugs xxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thank you, I'm going to try and sleep now - tomorrow's another day x