• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Should i take the Covid-19 vaccine

Bod

Bod

I am just waiting to be called in to get my booster jab, so hope to get it soon.

LearntheEssentials

LearntheEssentials

It takes all of my willpower to not fight some of the Basic Telegram Qanon Group Posts that are posted in this thread.

I've read a mod's note about side effect so here where mine:
Vaccine: 2x Biontec Pfizer
1: None.
2: None EXCEPT a very, very mild headache the next day.

To answer the OP:
Yes. You should. It is incredibly rare to have any dangerous side effects from the Vaccine.
Example:
Anaphylaxis occurs in 2 to 5 people in a Million in the US.
(Source: COVID-19 Vaccination)

For any Claims, its wise to Fact check them.
Like via Politifact, a Non profit Fact Check site.

Wishbone

Wishbone

It takes all of my willpower to not fight some of the Basic Telegram Qanon Group Posts that are posted in this thread.

To answer the OP:
Yes. You should. It is incredibly rare to have any dangerous side effects from the Vaccine.
Example:

The problem with this way of thinking is you are deeming something safe on very short-term information. What if there are very big long-term effects? Whoops! Too late then isn't it! I currently take a medication that was once deemed safe, then they realised it started to make women give birth to babies with half a skull and things like that. Whoops! Too late for the ones that didn't know about that back then though.
I remember a time when people would wait to see if something was safe before doing something, most it seems, like you, have been swept up in the short-term claims and have forgotten completely about any possible long-term problems. They may not appear, but they might, and especially when you're talking of kids getting these things...well, that's a risk many shouldn't be taking.

LearntheEssentials

LearntheEssentials

The problem with this way of thinking is you are deeming something safe on very short-term information. What if there are very big long-term effects? Whoops! Too late then isn't it! I currently take a medication that was once deemed safe, then they realised it started to make women give birth to babies with half a skull and things like that. Whoops! Too late for the ones that didn't know about that back then though.
I remember a time when people would wait to see if something was safe before doing something, most it seems, like you, have been swept up in the short-term claims and have forgotten completely about any possible long-term problems. They may not appear, but they might, and especially when you're talking of kids getting these things...well, that's a risk many shouldn't be taking.
Do you have ANY Sources for your claims aswell?

"The problem with this way of thinking is you are deeming something safe on very short-term information"
Incorrect. I base my actions upon other similar Procedures, namely Vaccinations.

"I currently take a medication that was once deemed safe, then they realised it started to make women give birth to babies with half a skull and things like that. Whoops!"
What is that Medicine called? how many cases of said Side effects occured among how many people that used that medicine across what time? Was it a Vaxx?

Same was said when the first Flu Vaccines came out and viola, it turned out that the VAST, VAST majority of side effects appeared right after the shot to a few weeks max after.
Most of the side Effects can occur in ANY type of Vaccinations. (Also the reason why you should wait for 20ish minutes after getting any Vaccination)
There are incredibly rare side effects that M I G H T be linked to that specific vaccine, but are far too rare (talking about 0.00+x% of the people vaccinated) to scientifically study.
(Three things to know about the long-term side effects of COVID vaccines - News | UAB)

"most it seems, like you, have been swept up in the short-term claims and have forgotten completely about any possible long-term problems."

Incorrect. I choose to believe in what gave us Cars, the very Computer you are typing on, Cellphones, Modern Farming (Food Production) techniques and what more then DOUBLED the life expectancy of Humans. SCIENCE. "What if" statements and my Imagination dont concern me.

Can you please provide sources to similar vaccinations and the long term side effects you are afraid off/speaking off?

"and especially when you're talking of kids getting these things"
Do you have any sources for that?

Wishbone

Wishbone

Science! The science! 😄 I love that cry. Science isn't one view you numpty. It is a range of ever-changing views and always will be.

I can't give you a source for something that hasn't, and might not happen yet, you seem to have missed the point in what I'm saying, but I will give you this:

"Even highly effective vaccines are ineffective at the population level unless very large numbers of people assent to be vaccinated. Protective behaviours will still be required, given the possibility of only partial protection afforded by vaccination and the emergence of variant strains of the virus. Thus, human behaviour is the key to managing the COVID-19 pandemic." Institutional and behaviour-change interventions to support COVID-19 public health measures: a review by the Lancet Commission Task Force on public health measures to suppress the pandemic

Fucking...useless!

Wishbone

Wishbone

Anyway, I'm stepping out of the Covid freakout threads as they only rile me up with the stupidity. I won't bother replying again, I'll leave people to believe what they want to believe! :floggingdeadhorse:

LearntheEssentials

LearntheEssentials

Science! The science! 😄 I love that cry. Science isn't one view you numpty. It is a range of ever-changing views and always will be.

I can't give you a source for something that hasn't, and might not happen yet, you seem to have missed the point in what I'm saying, but I will give you this:

"Even highly effective vaccines are ineffective at the population level unless very large numbers of people assent to be vaccinated. Protective behaviours will still be required, given the possibility of only partial protection afforded by vaccination and the emergence of variant strains of the virus. Thus, human behaviour is the key to managing the COVID-19 pandemic." Institutional and behaviour-change interventions to support COVID-19 public health measures: a review by the Lancet Commission Task Force on public health measures to suppress the pandemic

Fucking...useless!
" Science! The science! 😄 I love that cry. Science isn't one view you numpty. It is a range of ever-changing views and always will be."

Where did i claim that science is ONE view? Nice strawman.
I'll also choose to not go into personal attacks unlike you do. I do not have any emotions in this topic, i purely care about the facts.

Science attempts to understand the natural world via objective observation and experiments.
It continues to change and that is vital.

"I can't give you a source for something that hasn't, and might not happen yet"
So why are you still holding on to "Long term side effects"?
We had similar vaccines a long, long time ago and so science is absolutely able to draw some conclusions from them over a long timespan

On the other hand, it is very easy to find material that disprove, or atleast suggest that there is no such thing as long term side effects.

Also: "Even highly effective vaccines are ineffective at the population level unless very large numbers of people assent to be vaccinated. Protective behaviours will still be required, given the possibility of only partial protection afforded by vaccination and the emergence of variant strains of the virus. Thus, human behaviour is the key to managing the COVID-19 pandemic." Institutional and behaviour-change interventions to support COVID-19 public health measures: a review by the Lancet Commission Task Force on public health measures to suppress the pandemic"

You left out an integral part that gives context.
Right before the thing you quoted it also states:
"Enabling public behaviour change
We focus in this section on the behaviour of the public in communities. Until effective vaccines have been administered at a global scale, changes in public behaviours represent the primary defence mechanism against COVID-19. - Even highly effective vaccines are ineffective at the population level..."

That is correct. Basically what it means is that it is ineffective, IF there is a large group of people that, for whatever reason, refuse to get vaccinated.
I whole heartedly agree with that statement.

Anyway, I'm stepping out of the Covid freakout threads as they only rile me up with the stupidity. :floggingdeadhorse:
Might be better for your well being, as you are clearly getting worked up over a simple discussion of a topic that affects all of us.
Personal Insults don't prove your points and don't help your arguments either.

-LTE

#EDIT

Im not saying you HAVE to take the vaccine.
Im simply challenging your misinformation.

Its everyone's choice wheter to get Vaccinated or not.

Argon

Argon

To answer the OP:
Example:

And what if you are young and healthy or have already had covid? In that case your chance of dying from covid is essentially zero. Why should a person like that take any risk of having the vaccine?

Argon

Argon

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

😄 You'd make a fine stormtrooper @catmommy
"I don't care if the virus hasn't killed 99% of the world, have the vaccine...or die!"
It really does bring out the little Hitler in people all this fear.
No, stormtrooper's shots never hit anyone.

LearntheEssentials

LearntheEssentials

And what if you are young and healthy or have already had covid? In that case your chance of dying from covid is essentially zero. Why should a person like that take any risk of having the vaccine?

The chance for a young Person to die from the Dissease stil far, far outweighs the chances of a deadly Vaccine side effect.

Siegfried

Siegfried

Sounds like we have quite a few potential nominees for the Herman Cain award around here. Just to be clear, not wishing anything on anyone, just stating a fact.

Anyway, I'm the only one in my entire immediate family without two doses almost three months in, since there's availability of all the other vaccines in use around her except Moderna. Oh well, transmission levels are super low right now and if you don't get infected between doses then waiting more seems to give better long term immunity.

Argon

Argon

The chance for a young Person to die from the Dissease stil far, far outweighs the chances of a deadly Vaccine side effect.
For most young people covid is no big deal and they don't even know they have it. We just had someone test positive at work in a screening and she had no idea she had it.
Now an analysis by a group of US medical researchers on more than 350 studies has found just over 35 percent of all COVID-19 infections don't proceed to a symptomatic phase.