• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Should i take the Covid-19 vaccine

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Here the Australian government is telling everyone to get vaccinated, yet in Victoria we have 10 people or more in a population of 6.681 million and the State is locked done for 7 days.
That's the way it started out in the USA, just a handful of people in Washington state. It's very infectious and a lot of folks not currently displaying symptoms may be carrying the virus.

It may seem like your government is overreacting, but better to err on the side of caution than to assume it won't become a significant issue. In every nation where COVID has gotten started it has turned into a big deal within weeks and months.

Roughly half the people in my state have gotten vaccinated to date and we have 10 million citizens here. They're trying to get 70% vaccinated so they can get rid of the most onerous restrictions, they've lowered the age of those eligible for vaccination to 12 years old.

A

AussieGeoff

The government vow and declare they are doing the right thing, this is the 4th lockdown in Vic we have had, I pity all the small businesses that have survived, somehow from the past 3 lockdowns, that will now go broke

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The government vow and declare they are doing the right thing, this is the 4th lockdown in Vic we have had, I pity all the small businesses that have survived, somehow from the past 3 lockdowns, that will now go broke
Ontario Canada has been on lockdown since Christmas aside from a few weeks. People are sick of it and not following the lockdown anymore. It's a beautiful day this weekend and the traffic is crazy with people going to their cottages and the beaches and stuff. It would take the entire canadian army to try and stop them by the looks of it.

A

AussieGeoff

I honestly don't blame you, since Christmas is terrible, but the streets here in Melbourne are empty but there are people who are just fed up with all of this c**p

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I havent gone through the whole of this thread, but I have said this before: I personally have had both vaccines, I work in a hospital and my Mum is medically vulnerable, i dont want her to get the virus, i have seen what the covid19 can do

that is why i personally got the vaccine, so I'm less likely to end up manslaughtererifying my mum if i pick it up at work and take it to Mum's when i call round to see if she needs anything

JamesWM2051

JamesWM2051

I get my vaccine tomorrow. It doesn't bother me at all.

1. My sense of self-preservation isn't that high that I worry about side effects.
2. I live around vulnerable people. My main priority is reducing the risk of me passing it on to them.
I got the Astra Zeneca one. Side effects very minor the next day. Bit of a temperature and tiredness. Nothing major. Feels like I've drank a few glasses of wine.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I havent gone through the whole of this thread, but I have said this before: I personally have had both vaccines, I work in a hospital and my Mum is medically vulnerable, i dont want her to get the virus, i have seen what the covid19 can do

that is why i personally got the vaccine, so I'm less likely to end up manslaughtererifying my mum if i pick it up at work and take it to Mum's when i call round to see if she needs anything
My wife is diabetic and has Asthma and we're both over 65 years old. I've done all the shopping for the last year, so she didn't have to run the risk of going out. She also fell and broke a bone in her foot in December-she was advised at the time that she needed pins put in it to assure it healed properly, but we didn't want to run the risk of COVID so we put off surgery hoping it would heal by itself.

We both got vaccinated in March and my wife finally had surgery on her foot in April. Like everyone else, we put off needed health care for a year while we waiting for a vaccine to come out.

We had Pfizer vaccine and the side effects were minimal for both of us. I consider it a blessing to have gotten vaccination before so many other nations.

B

bariskinn

I am vaccinated without anybody force! its my on mind decision.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

If you really do not want to get vaccinated, then at least try to avoid everyone until they get their shot. The virus is not a joke.

A

AussieGeoff

What is all the squabble about, if you don't want then that's your choice, don't make it public, who gives a damn, it's you who are going to lose out because you won't be allowed into venues, won't be allowed to go the AFL games and maybe lose your job, don't bl***y complain.
Those of you that haven't had it, how many got the flu jab without even questioning it.
I'm sick and tired of hearing people who refuse the vaccine.

Siegfried

Siegfried

My elderly father, fully vaccinated with Sinovac which is widely considered the least effective vaccine, caught it and had to go to the hospital but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

My also elderly mother also vaccinated with Sinovac that sleeps next to him either didn't catch it or was completely asymptomatic.

Same for the other two people that live with them, vaccinated with AZ.

My mother regularly visits my grandmother and she also caught nothing, which leads me to think my mother simply didn't catch it at all.

Somehow I don't think the result would have been anywhere near as positive if they hadn't been vaccinated. And again this is mostly with the worse vaccine in widespread usage.

It's not some binary affair where every vaccine is a perfect, magical barrier or does nothing at all. No vaccine is 100% effective but it does seem to make a massive difference.

Despite what idiotic Facebook memes may claim, Covid-19 is a far, far more serious issue than the yearly flu.

catmommy

catmommy

Then the government should mandate immunization as a condition for participating in society.

Jolly

Jolly

Unfortunately I cannot have the vaccine due to two allergic reactions. It is going to take a year for me to see an immunologist. I had leave work for not having the vaccine even though I work in an office on my own. Parliament will be passing this to be legal on the 11 November so instead of being pushed I resigned. the NHS does not require staff to be vaccinated just care homes. I am devastated as I loved my job. I keep myself safe, wear a mask and keep 2mt distance. I also very rarely go out. My hubby has had his booster. He works for the NHS and we take a test or two every week. I worked through the pandemic at its worst and now when I look back - what for - to help others like everyone else. To be honest leaving work has made my anxiety even worse. I will continue to keep as safe as I can but if you can get the vaccine please do, it saves a lot of lives.

N

Newuser6655

What research would you be doing that is better than the research of the scientists?

Wishbone

Wishbone

Then the government should mandate immunization as a condition for participating in society.
😄 You'd make a fine stormtrooper @catmommy
"I don't care if the virus hasn't killed 99% of the world, have the vaccine...or die!"
It really does bring out the little Hitler in people all this fear.

Last edited by a moderator: