• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Should I stop taking Wellbutrin?

O

OntheBorderline

I started taking this medication around Tuesday, and it started out fine, but today I had a severe panic attack and couldn't walk straight. Does anyone have any insight?

2Much2Feel

Yes, it can cause trouble with coordination as well as muscle twitching that can affect your movement.

D

Daringdan

If you haven't been doing so already, I and many people here have swap'd out meds over and over trying to find one that works and doesn't cause one of it's crazy side effects.

O

OntheBorderline

The catch 22 for me is that it has made me much less depressed and angry, yet it makes me feel crappy physically and I have a panic attack the same time each evening. I was the one who requested to be put on it, because it was said to help people quit smoking, or at least cease, and it's supposed to curb your appetite (which I need). So far though, the only thing that is happening with my appetite is if I eat less I get really sick and a bad headache, and as for smoking I am chain-smoking more than ever now. I haven't been able to talk to my doc as I have been busy this week, and now the holiday weekend is coming up. So I'll have to wait untill Tuesday. Ugh. Lol

O

OntheBorderline

If you haven't been doing so already, I and many people here have swap'd out meds over and over trying to find one that works and doesn't cause one of it's crazy side effects.
Yes I am like that with anti depressants and I'm beginning to think I just can't take them, which is too bad because I need to be on something for my depression. Yet it seems I have tried every one known to man, and they all give me horrible side effects. I don't seem to have these problems with my anit-psychotic, or my mood stabilizer. Strange

2Much2Feel

I'm sorry, that sucks going through it. Maybe something needs to be added or just a switch, and I know that's so frustrating. There always seems to be something, it's not an easy solution, but awesome when you can get the meds to work out. It didn't help me quit smoking either.

2Much2Feel

I don't know if you have access to it or would consider it, as it is expensive and kind of scary, but for me, ketamine is what finally worked, given in a medical setting and being monitored. I am also resistant to meds, have tried so many, and finally gave up last summer. Ketamine infusions, 6 of them over like 3 weeks, lasted for 3 months for me. They really lifted that awful depression and anxiety, and took away my fear of death strangely enough. I think I just kind of "gave up the ghost" and did it cause nothing was helping and I was at my wit's end. It's an interesting experience, and I am doing it again this summer with the nasal spray form of it, Spravato. You may want to look into that, as I just got a letter from my insurance that they are actually covering 12 treatments w it, which totally surprised me. Did not expect it. Saved me thousands right there.

I really hope you can get past this and find something that works. I've been in a dark place today and know it's painful and horrible and scary. Keep reaching out. I think just about everyone on here has had all the medication issues.

O

OntheBorderline

I don't know if you have access to it or would consider it, as it is expensive and kind of scary, but for me, ketamine is what finally worked, given in a medical setting and being monitored. I am also resistant to meds, have tried so many, and finally gave up last summer. Ketamine infusions, 6 of them over like 3 weeks, lasted for 3 months for me. They really lifted that awful depression and anxiety, and took away my fear of death strangely enough. I think I just kind of "gave up the ghost" and did it cause nothing was helping and I was at my wit's end. It's an interesting experience, and I am doing it again this summer with the nasal spray form of it, Spravato. You may want to look into that, as I just got a letter from my insurance that they are actually covering 12 treatments w it, which totally surprised me. Did not expect it. Saved me thousands right there.

I really hope you can get past this and find something that works. I've been in a dark place today and know it's painful and horrible and scary. Keep reaching out. I think just about everyone on here has had all the medication issues.
OMG funny you should mention this, because I was going to try it a few years back and the doc wouldn't let me because I had a drug problem back then and couldn't mix. Now I have been clean and sober for over a year so that wouldn't be a problem anymore. Now I am seriously considering trying it, as I have heard great things about it. And I know a doctor that specializes in it in a town about 45 minutes from where I live. I am at my wit's end as well and it may be the best option for me.

O

OntheBorderline

Btw I hope you feel better too.

2Much2Feel

Btw I hope you feel better too.
That is awesome. It really is an amazing experience (to be safe, I'll clearly say it's not for everyone). But it opened my eyes to so much. So bizarre. It gave me hope when I was giving up. Message me anytime, and I really hope you can get this!

O

OntheBorderline

Me too! Thank you, and I appreciate it. You can message me anytime you want as well.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

I started taking this medication around Tuesday, and it started out fine, but today I had a severe panic attack and couldn't walk straight. Does anyone have any insight?
wellbutrin does increase anxiety. you should discuss other options with your doctor