• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Should I Start Taking My Antidepressant Again?

A

AnxiousHeart88

Lately I've been really suffering from anxiety and depression again. I have takes Sertraline before and it worked for me good enough and at the initial time I took it, it really did well at easing my suffering. A long while ago I quite and managed to be mentally healthy for a while even after quitting as I hated the thought of depending on those to be sane. Buut like I said earlier I'm doing BAD and nearly crying everyday and I have to depend of Ambien and Melatonin to sleep well. If I start taking an Sertraline again it will be the 4th time I've started taking it after having quite.. is that dangerous to do? I used to be mentally well I really want that back what should I do? I have 5 months of unused Sertraline piled up. I also have Prozac too I was gonna take it but I felt weird after 3 days and was fragile then and I quit. In the long term which antidepressant is better in general; Zoloft, Prozac or what?

Sorry for all the questions I just feel really lost and scared.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I think you should take an antidepressant you haven't tried yet. You had bad side effects to Prozac before and the Zoloft may not work again. I heard if a person keeps getting on and off a medication it becomes less and less effective until it doesn't work. You need to see your doctor about trying a new one. Keep trying until you get on the right one. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for them to start working so you need to be patient. I hope you find the right one soon. I love you. Sorry you suffer with bad depression. I'm glad we're here to support each other. :hug:

A

AnxiousHeart88

Thanks dear I value your answers and I'm going to get some more feedback from others then balance all the input for my final decision. I love you soo much, thanks for the support!:hug:

Cazcat

Cazcat

The best thing to do would be to talk to your Dr about this. Antidepressants affect each person individually and what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Personally if you have found one that works well for you with minimal side affects I would stick with that, unless it stops working for you. Prozac is my go to antidepressant as I know it works for me and GPs have always asked me what works for me when they decide which one to put me on and gone with the same one.

There's no shame in needing to take am antidepressant to stay well. It's the same as a diabetic needing to take medication for their blood sugar in my eyes.

T

Turandot

For how long have you been feeling terrible? Think twice about taking antidepressants. Sometimes a little crisis is good because you can see that you can live without antidepressants. But don't hesitate if this is provoking many limitations in your life.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

The best thing to do would be to talk to your Dr about this. Antidepressants affect each person individually and what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Personally if you have found one that works well for you with minimal side affects I would stick with that, unless it stops working for you. Prozac is my go to antidepressant as I know it works for me and GPs have always asked me what works for me when they decide which one to put me on and gone with the same one.

There's no shame in needing to take am antidepressant to stay well. It's the same as a diabetic needing to take medication for their blood sugar in my eyes.
I agree. :nod2:

A

AnxiousHeart88

For how long have you been feeling terrible? Think twice about taking antidepressants. Sometimes a little crisis is good because you can see that you can live without antidepressants. But don't hesitate if this is provoking many limitations in your life.
I've been feeling bad for about 1 month now but extremely bad the last couple weeks.

Cazcat

Cazcat

Personally I've learned to ask the GP for help as soon as I notice I'm slipping, it's not worth wasting time getting lower in my book.

A

AnxiousHeart88

Will do. Thanks for all your help Cazcat. I'm going to call my Dr soon and try to get a Psych DR appointment scheduled.

Liza9560

Liza9560

Hello, AnxiousHeart! How are you doing these days? I hope you’re well! I am currently experiencing increased anxiety and depression, and I’ve upped my dosage of sertraline from 25mg a day to 50. It has helped a bit, though I’m still sad and freaked out. I’m curious to know what you and your doctors decided to do, and how it’s worked for you? Happy New Year!

P

purpleorchid

I was on sertraline before but ended up coming off it due to the agessive headaches. It was hard to tell if they helped my depression or anxiety as I was suffering a great deal from work related stress during that time.

I've not been doing well for a while now so I'm going back to my GP on Tuesday, not sure if they'll put me on meds again or not, I often feel that ADs are a total gamble and are given out too easily. I have no idea what else they'd offer though, I've had therapy twice now but it's never a long term fix meh

Jbb79

Jbb79

I Got BAD Depress. /Anxiety, After Bad wars x x

I Got tired, Of Bull-shit politicians, Made my Own cure, It worked x x

I Had to Do some-thing, About it, Voice, My frustrations x xx
war 1 4834565.jpg

war 1 99784.jpg
wo 17944.jpg

I Gradually felt Better, After doing These things, Daily x x