• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Should i? shouldn't i?

P

pamplemousse

I've had emotional problems on and off since high school..during high school I was sent counselling as although a high achieving student i was impeded by a lack of motivation, drive as well as an inabillity to bond with other students. i felt quite marginilised.
This is the time when I first began to self harm. I went counselling for a year, and it did help coming to terms wtih myself. I'am now in my second year of college, I feel like im slipping back to the place I was. I am less focussed now on my school work. For a few months now, I've been becoming more irritable, tempted to hurt myself. I turn on my boyfriend, I make him miserable. I am convinced he will hurt me in some way although there is no plausible reason why I should be. I don't have a great relationship with my parents, barely a relationship at all, really. I've been skipping school more and more. During the last term of school I didn't come in for two weeks, I couldnt sleep until very early in the morning, I fixed this with some diazpam i found lying around. I feel generally lonely, of low self esteem, and I am here now, while i should be in school, wondering whether I should see my gp about this, whether I should tell an adult, and what should i say.
The day sometimes feels so daunting, I hate coming home because I arrive when my parents arent in and even when they are, we never talk. Its just the way its always been. I'd be uncomfortable sitting with them. I dont think they understand me at all. They think I am a wierdo.
I am so scared they won't take me seriously. This is an important year for me, academics wise. I don't want to mess it up like i did wiht high school. i want to get better.
What should i do?

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi Pamplemousse,

Unfortunatly no one here can make a diagnosis for you. It would be recommended that you speak to your parents and let them know something is wrong rather than keeping any problems bottled up. Keeping emotions and problems bottled up inside is not good and can do more harm than good, i am talking from experience here, keeping things inside lead to me having a break down.

Make an appointment an speak to your doctor, explain to him / her what is wrong and that you need help - you have nothing to feel embarresed about by doing this. Your doctor may recommend councelling and / or a referrel to a pdoc with regards to your self harming. Seeking help and admitting you have a problem are the first and hardest steps to make, but once done you realise that there are people willing to listen and help.

T

Twylight

Hi pamplemousse and welcome

It would be good to talk to a proffessional, and it's good that you've posted here.

Quite often these sort of problems occur when a person feels unloved.

What are you studying at college ?

spiritual_emergency

spiritual_emergency

pamplemousse: I went counselling for a year, and it did help...

I suggest you contact their office and let them know you're experiencing some difficulties once more. As a former client, you may be able to get back in sooner rather than later. As an alternative, your college may have a counselling office that you could utilize but an off campus location might be better if you have any concerns as related to your privacy. Check around for other local options that might be available to you.

I fixed this with some diazpam i found lying around...

Diazepam has addictive properties as well as some known side-effects. If you think it would be beneficial to you at this time you're certainly better off to have a professional write you a prescription so you can be monitored for any adverse effects. The counsellor you saw previously -- were they able to prescribe on your behalf?

.​

P

pamplemousse

The counsellor i saw was attached to the school i was at, was paid for by the school and now i'm out of their care i don't think i could ask to see her again. and no she couldn't prescribe for me. in fact the school made i clear to me that she would never recommend going on medication, only make suggestions about what i could do.
I could tell somebody at college that i want to use their counselling facilities, but also i'm scared that they won't take me seriously, think im kicking up a fuss over nothing. i'm a high achieving student, i got the best results last year, and i'm sure they think im a happy and well adjusted person. on the other hand, i can see my performance slipping, if not now then later on.
in answer to twylight, i'm studying politics english and history. Just for clarification i'm not yet at university but a sixth form college where i'm doing my A-levels.

J

jokker

Here im on this for forum asking about strange feeling i had and ...

btw i can understand all the story due may bad bad english skill.
About a hard learning stuff !
Do you know what i figured during my life ... saying are work believing and this stuff got big idea behind. Coz sayings are made due statistics .. a previous experience.
Just if you want something in your life go and grab it !
Be dominating and live along.
and so on.

Although i know a guy he was my classmate. He will defiantly get a golden medal due best results in hight school.
And he/me got a classmate/friend hes into politics ... he is in a fraction and he can talk about stuff well.

So the idea behind the talk is... This one who got good learning results he is not learning this stuff all day long. He just read a page and get memories much more than normal ppl do. And he do not talk about learning stuff at all.
And other He just can make any talk interesting.

So conclusion is .. This first one is not smart kid he just learned stuff young, so he good at learning now.
And other one talked interesting stories for all the time...

By the way this first 1 was not "popular guy" at first grades ....maybe because it was due hard learning ... but he started to increasing hes entertaining still to be a main guy a important 1 ... and now he got 2 things at same time.

So the idea behind it is again !
If you want something in your life go and grab it !
Do not be weak and lazy!

Just lets simple it down ... change the way... a idea behind learning stuff.

If you are bad at something .. just try to get along with it and do it anyway if it is important .. coz you will get good at it.

And about ppl you go in school with ... get a more friend/supporters and try to be bigger part in you class or group. It is just so that if you got support or bigger part in something it is more complicated to harm you, say to you something bad. You do not have to be popular... or talk interesting stories just talk but do not mistalk (make mistakes) it make you look weak, be in action be a part a bigger1.
At least it is in boy school coz its what im in. It is just so.

By the way what is the problem .. i still cant get it ?
You cant get along with your classmates or complicated lifestyle?

Last edited:
J

jokker

Heme im on this for forum asking about strange feeling i had and ...

btw i can understand all the story due may bad bad english skill.
About a hard learning stuff !
Do you know what i figured during my life ... saying are work believing and this stuff got big idea behind. Coz sayings are made due statistics .. a previous experience.
Just if you want something in your life go and grab it !
Be dominating and live along.
and so on.

Although i know a guy he was my classmate. He will defiantly get a golden medal due best results in hight school.
And he/me got a classmate/friend hes into politics ... he is in a fraction and he can talk about stuff well.

So the idea behind the talk is... This one who got good learning results he is not learning this stuff all day long. He just read a page and get memories much more than normal ppl do. And he do not talk about learning stuff at all.
And other He just can make any talk interesting.

So conclusion is .. This first one is not smart kid he just learned stuff young, so he good at learning now.
And other one talked interesting stories for all the time...

By the way this first 1 was not "popular guy" at first grades ....maybe because it was due hard learning ... but he started to increasing hes entertaining still to be a main guy a important 1 ... and now he got 2 things at same time.

So the idea behind it is again !
If you want something in your life go and grab it !
Do not be weak and lazy!

Just lets simple it down ... change the way... a idea behind learning stuff.

If you are bad at something .. just try to get along with it and do it anyway if it is important .. coz you will get good at it.

And about ppl you go in school with ... get a more friend/supporters and try to be bigger part in you class or group. It is just so that if you got support or bigger part in something it is more complicated to harm you, say to you something bad. You do not have to be popular... or talk interesting stories just talk but do not mistalk (make mistakes) it make you look weak, be in action be a part a bigger1.
At least it is in boy school coz its what im in. It is just so.

H

helpmarcproject

My Advice

Please understand one very important thing--you are worth it! It may be something as simple as an "intervention" of sorts (not defined by the TV show) where you sit down with your parents and share your feelings, then let parents respond. They may be thinking the same thing of you, maybe they think you "believe" they are "weird". If academics are important to you, I would suggest to keep plugging away there, but don't let them define who you are. What hobbies do you have? Do you have pets?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Talina Other 4