Should I let my psychologist read my posts on this forum?

EddieH

EddieH

The therapist wants to read my posts on my journal entries, don't know if it's a good idea. I do say I'm unhappy with her a fair bit. What do you guys think? She wants a printout not my username

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

How comfortable do you feel letting her read your posts?

Also,if she reads your posts in your journal who's to say she won't read the posts that others made in your journal as well? :hug:

EddieH

EddieH

Good point midnight, I think I will pass on that. Hadn't thought about others privacy. Bravo kiddo

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
for me it would feel like an invasion of privacy
I can see how it might help her understand what you are thinking but for me it would just be too private to share xxx

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

i would not its personal in the sense like when you have a private conversation but that is me personally if you want to because you will get value from your person getting a insight to how you say whats going on it could go good maybe ? seems tricky dude personally for me to answer

B

BatDuck

If I was having trouble either being open enough with a therapist or gathering my thoughts in session then I would show them my journal (not that I have one at present). If my journal was on here then I would copy all my entries and paste them into a word file (or equivalent), thus keeping everyone else out of it. It wouldn't be right to edit the entires, but it does give the opportunity to cut bits you don't want a therapist seeing. Although personally I'd show them my entries in full.

I think it comes down to your own personal preference and how open and comfortable you are with your psychologist.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

If I was having trouble either being open enough with a therapist or gathering my thoughts in session then I would show them my journal (not that I have one at present). If my journal was on here then I would copy all my entries and paste them into a word file (or equivalent), thus keeping everyone else out of it. It wouldn't be right to edit the entires, but it does give the opportunity to cut bits you don't want a therapist seeing.

I think it comes down to your own personal preference and how open and comfortable you are with your phycologist.
i do that for my sessions i write down a bunch of things to discuss so i dont forget to get maximum value per the session

Z

Zoe1

I might look at my threads and make notes
of what I want to tell her

I would not let a therapy see the forum and my threads
as people said , there are other peoples comments in there too

also my therapist wouldn't dream of asking me that
because she respects my boundaries

:grouphug:

N

natalie

As I was about to comment, this is a difficult grey area, now, I am not under community mental health team, just under GP services in Britain in North London, my GP main one has strong interests of my mental health issues, and he knows my full mental health issues, and also if to gain much more insight that how I was previously feeling if i had a mental h ealth issue to report up on MHF, then I would bend backwards, to use an expression, and allow the GP to read up on my posts of mental health issues in terms of my journals. I have a happy so to speak mental health relationship via the GP services - a particular one and myself.

In your case, I think it's very grey area and iffy for that to be done, so I would very much steer clear of your pshycologist to read up on your posts in your journal, however mental health based it might be.

That is just my opinon.

Best Wishes.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I mean if your therapist came onto this forum either as a guest or came on and joined then you couldnt stop her from reading what anyone posted, but idk if forum staffs would be comfortable with the idea of member's posts getting read by another member's therapist

idk if this is making sense

S

schizolanza

My psychiatrist asked me the name of this forum. I didn't tell him. I said something vague . Paranoia I suppose.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Oh heck NO! That's only for you. My therapist wanted me to bring in my journal to my appointments. I'm like nope. It has all my personal sexual fantasies, and sex acts in it. Plus it does say a few negative things about her too. :redface:

L

linus

The relationship to your therapist should be totally open, if you really want a better outcome for yourself.

D

dewey

The therapist wants to read my posts on my journal entries, don't know if it's a good idea. I do say I'm unhappy with her a fair bit. What do you guys think? She wants a printout not my username
Red flag, no therapist should demand you share anything you don't feel ready to.

L

linus

The problem is not with the therapist, the problem is with you unconsciously not wanting to solve the issues..

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I wouldnt want my therapist reading what’s in my journal. Especially posts made when I have been unwell. There’s a good reason that this forum is anonymous so we can be open and write our feelings without any person knowing who we are

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

I like the pic change Eddie Lol did you come to a conclusion of what you are going to choose ?