Should I get a tattoo to cover my scar?

K

Kiaroxilante

So long story short, I have a nasty self-harm scar on my inner wrist that is very visible and I have had people ask about it and I'm always making up a story about how I got it.

A little background - I did this about a year ago when I was intoxicated and didn't have the intention of ending my life. But it almost did. Thankfully it didn't, and I found out literally a week later I was pregnant with my first child. I felt so guilty I can't even put it into words...but at the same time, it made me stronger and made me never want to self-harm again, because if that night had ended badly, neither of us would be here. So I am so grateful that we survived.

My beautiful baby girl is now 4 months old. I wanted to get her name tattooed over the scar as a reminder of how grateful I am that we're here and also a reminder of my love for her, and that she loves and needs me and never to do something like that again.

I've had a few close people who know about it that it's a great idea, but I've also had a few people say NOT to get her name because that's essentially permanently tying her name in with a horrible memory. Some people have suggested just having it lasered instead and get her name tattooed somewhere else on my body.

What are your opinions on this?

Thanks in advance.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
I have had a tattoo put over my wrist scars to cover up so i understand where you are coming from.
But be careful of what you choose to put on. Im not sure linking it to your daughter's name is a good move but its up to you in the end. It does need to be meaningful and symbolic.
Sorry i cant be more help
Hugs
Fox

BPDevil

BPDevil

it could be a tree or a flower to represent growth because your child was growing inside you at the time so it still kind of links to her, no one would ever figure it out but it would still have a meaning