• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Should I end my friendship with this woman?

E

english rose

This is what she posted on Facebook on a link posted by a mutual friend about the new head of the DWP saying that people with Parkinsons are able to work (he called Crabb an idiot): I just bloody don't get it. People who say they are depressed don't have to work but if one has a severe physical illness or physically disability have to work. People who are just a bit depressed it would do them good to have part time jobs backed up with tax credits. They would still have time to have professional help to make them better. I rarely see her these days. I’m pretty certain that the above comment is aimed at me. I responded to her Facebook post: You cannot just "say you're a bit depressed" as you put it, that's not how it works, you must have proper clinical depression plus other problems to get benefits & even then you will not be left alone, in that situation a job will make you worse not better if you can even manage it; physical disabilities are not superior to mental disabilities.

I know she’s not happy because I ‘had the nerve’ to point out the cruelty involved in her beloved horse-racing – she posted on Facebook about her wonderful day out at Cheltenham & I pointed out that 3 horses died on the opening day alone of that so-called festival. Relations between us have been sour for a few years now since she got angry with me for letting her down over not going to the Olympic tennis during London 2012, I’d recently (about a fortnight previously) had to have an abortion & she told me to pull myself together.

E

english rose

A previous post by me on my own Facebook page: The DWP are threatening me by telling me to go on a course that I don't feel well enough to go on & if I don't comply that they will take money off of me. Her response: I gather they are doing this to everybody now. I have also heard that terminally ill cancer patients that have more than year to live are regarded fit to work! What a nightmare for them. These poor people with Parkinsons.

G

Gladimeir15

Friends that can motivate to do good and think well are best for keeps!!!! If you think she is not then go ahead

Nikita

Nikita

Former member
Well she has taken the opportunity to have a dig at you english rose and she probably won't let another one pass her by either.This woman is plain nasty especially in the light of her telling you to pull yourself together after an abortion,dump her fast,block her on facebook!You know facebook is full of these irritatingly nasty and cruel people,be careful who you are friends with and kick this one to touch fast!

N

naominash

This is what she posted on Facebook on a link posted by a mutual friend about the new head of the DWP saying that people with Parkinsons are able to work (he called Crabb an idiot): I just bloody don't get it. People who say they are depressed don't have to work but if one has a severe physical illness or physically disability have to work. People who are just a bit depressed it would do them good to have part time jobs backed up with tax credits. They would still have time to have professional help to make them better. I rarely see her these days. I’m pretty certain that the above comment is aimed at me. I responded to her Facebook post: You cannot just "say you're a bit depressed" as you put it, that's not how it works, you must have proper clinical depression plus other problems to get benefits & even then you will not be left alone, in that situation a job will make you worse not better if you can even manage it; physical disabilities are not superior to mental disabilities.

I know she’s not happy because I ‘had the nerve’ to point out the cruelty involved in her beloved horse-racing – she posted on Facebook about her wonderful day out at Cheltenham & I pointed out that 3 horses died on the opening day alone of that so-called festival. Relations between us have been sour for a few years now since she got angry with me for letting her down over not going to the Olympic tennis during London 2012, I’d recently (about a fortnight previously) had to have an abortion & she told me to pull myself together.

Go with your gut on this one. Don't doubt your own judgement as much when it comes to people who aren't worth your energy.

Is any friend you have to question about on an online forum really a good friend?

Let her go. Do no harm. But don't waste time. It's too valuable for toxic people.