• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Should I do it ?

Sen

Sen

I'm thinking about making my own youtube videos relating to depression/life experiences etc.I don't know whether or not I should do it or not,I know that I will receive a lot of nasty comments on youtube because of it through.I don't want people to really see my face or anything,so I plan to just record the bottom of my face (does that even make sense?)I just want to help other people and this seems to be the only way I can.Do you think this is a good idea,or am I just setting myself up for failure ?

nonotme

nonotme

-o you think this is a good idea,or am I just setting myself up for failure ?
if you think it would help you then go for it.

if you want to remain anonymous wear a mask and hide the obvious things in the room you film in so no one can relate it to you.

be honest and truthful and fuck those who have nowt better to do that leave nasty comments they are just as bored and depressed.

good luck.

Kerome

Kerome

Hmm, I have a little design experience of video and on paper, I think recording the bottom of your face is not such a great idea, people don't tend to identify with a mouth very much. I'd suggest using a cartoon character maybe? Can you draw? Or maybe a friend can put together something stylised, where you can see the eyes, and which stands for the speaker.

A mask is not a bad idea either, maybe one of those Italian ones for the Venice ball that are always floating around, with nice feathers and things.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i did a youtube video on schizophrenia and it was overall a positive experience.but you wont be able to do any other videos without compromising your identity.i wore a wig and sunglasses.once i was happy with the outcome i deleted my video.i was trying to get a youtuber to remove an offensive video about schizophrenia.and eventually it worked.good luck

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I like Kerome's suggestion of creating a character. :)

I've sometime watched videos and have noticed that "Comments are disabled", so you could just turn off the option for people to comment?
Although, that might mean you'd miss out on more positive and supportive comments.

Anyway, I think it definitely is a good idea. It's just trying to find a way to do it that won't be uncomfortable for you.