• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

should I contact the doctor?

M

mickeymoo

Hopefully someone can give me some advise. I have not been diagnosed with bipolar but I hope this is the right place.

Basically. I was given mirtazapine about a month ago. I am only on a small dose. I spoke to my dr after a few days and said they had given me bundles of energy and have rapidly decreased my need for sleep etcetc which she said was good.

BUT, I sort of feel I might be going to far but I can't control it if you know what I mean. I am also getting quite resricted on what I can do which is bothering me. I have spent all the money I can get my hands on so can't do that. I am even trying to sell stuff I have just so I have access to money to fill my urge.

I am quite restricted in the evening to. I have a 3 year old daughter (single mum) and I am exhausting everything I can do in the evening and during the night. I have already repainted the house. I just end up doing the housework again and again and again when shes in bed to keep me busy.

I am strarting to feel a bit desperate but I don't know how exactly. I think its mainly because I am running out of stuff to do and everything I do I can do so quickly at the moment so can't fill my time doing that.

Then when I go to bed my minds so busy I can't sleep but I just don't know what to do with my thoughts so my thoughts get carried away-like I hear my phone ringing when it doesn't and I can smell my husbands aftershave when hes not been round.

Please help, don't know what to do. I am waiting for an appointment with the councillor for my depression and been waiting a month already. Just don't know what to do. I know this is a meaningless ramble but it gives me something to do and I dont expect anyone to really understand it anyway because I really don't understand it myself.:(:(

keepsafe

keepsafe

I would go back to your doctor and tell them exactly what you have posted here, see what comes from that visit
Wishing you success

KS

M

mickeymoo

what do you think could happen? I only ask incase my dr doesn't think I have just depression and I'm really worried my little girl will get taken off me.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Your little girl will not be taken off you, the best thing is to be open and honest about about whats going on.. Big Hugs
intel

M

mad as a hatter

i agree i think u need 2 go bk 2 the doc it could be something simple likethe meds ur on that,s causing this and just need changing ur better doing that at the moment u don,t want it 2 get ne worse

M

mickeymoo

The only other thing that worries me is this isn't the first time I have been in this mood and with hindsight I can do some bloody stupid things!!! I cannot hold a job down because I keep walking out but in the past when I've been out I've bought 5 horses (!!!!not cheap) which my ex has to pay for because I can't, another time I got a dog (I'm not even a big doggy fan!) , yesterday I decided I wanted a cat so I went out and got a cat aswell and a couple of months ago I enrolled my daughter in a £50 per day private nursery which my ex now has to pay for as well! fEEL LIKE i'M GOING MAD!

M

mad as a hatter

i don,t think ur going mad well at least ur aware off doing these things u need 2 put a foot on the pedal and try and slow down and stay calm the way i do it is i just keep telling myself i don,t need these things and the thoughts pass a bit but it ain,t easy crikey if wasn,t for my dad saying no and me having a bit sense i,d probabaly have my house full animals but i,ve got 1 a dog that,s all i need i,m properly not making much sense but i,m trying 2

M

mickeymoo

I have just phoned my dr but it didn't go too well. When I said I was a bit wary because I always seem to cause trouble for myself if Im in a good mood she told me it was a very pessimistic attitude to take! It sort of stopped me in my tracks so I didn't really say much else.

However, I asked her for the phone number for the councilling and got it. I have phoned them and they are going to phone me next week. Its the mental health services. Will they be able to help me better than my gp? Or am I just going to end up talking to someone who doesn't have a clue what I'm going on about?

T

TOONAFISH

i think the mental health team will be able to help you better than your gp. my gp didnt really help except give me ad's.

they will prob just assess you and take it from there

how are you feeling now
:hug:

M

mickeymoo

Thanks for asking.Pretty much the same/1 I just have a really bad urge to do something drastic!

I am pleased I am finally getting the ball rolling with the mental health services but am worried about how long its all going to take. I know I have something more than just depression and I feellike I'm just suspended at the moment not really able to go any way until I get some answers.

Are you likely to get a councillor throught the mental health services? Do they know anything about things other than depression/ anxiety etc?

T

TOONAFISH

once i was on the mental health teams "books" i saw a c.b.t counsellor, i also so the psychiatrist, a physcologist and a weekly meeting with a cpn (community psychiatric nurse).

i depends on your needs i suppose. i have been in hospital 4 times recently so i suppose that is why i get so much support.

xx

M

mickeymoo

I am really greatful for all the replies I am getting so thanks! I find it very hard to talk to people I know and its a really godsend being able to use a place like this with people that understand and can offer some support.:hug::grouphug:

I have a few qs for you toonafish if you don't mind.

Are the mental health teams what you get at the mental health servicess?

I have been told they will conduct a telephone interview first. Whys this?

Also, could you please give me a rough idea of the time scale it took you? I know its different in different areas but if I speak to them next week am I then going to have to wait goodness knows how long to see someone?:confused::unsure:

T

TOONAFISH

hiya

yeh i think the mental health team/ mental health service are the same thing.

not sure why they do a telephone apt, i never got this. im in scotland so i dont know if that is the difference

it was years ago that i first saw someone, and i think i did wait a few months before i saw someone. i had went to docs with depression a few times and they offered me a councellor.

im sure it will depend on each individual case as to how soon you will be seen etc.

sorry cant be more help. i cant believe im up at this time. 5.48!! cant sleep!