• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Should I call my doctor?

D

deadpoet79

So I've been diagnosed with ADD when I was a kid as well as major depressive disorder with psychotic features a few years ago. Things have been alright i guess with medication and all that but i still tend to have episodes three or four times a year.

About a week ago i started another episode. At first I just started freaking out and looking over my shoulder all the time because I would see things that weren't there.

It wasn't a whole lot at first but it got worse and worse until about three days ago when I was sitting at my computer and I'd see things about every two minutes.

I finally told my wife about it which helped a little. I seemed to start bouncing out of it and had a slightly better day the following day but yesterday my moods were really strange: I'd be ok for a while, then I'd get hyper, then I'd get down all day long.

I got home last night and slept really lightly and kept waking up every time the cat or my wife made a noise. I got less than six hours of sleep and I'm pretty irritable. I want to lay back down and try and get some rest but I'm too hyper.

This may sound kind of dumb that I haven't done this already, but should I call my doctor? Please help!

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
yes it would be a good idea to call your doctor again if you realise you are going down hill again tthe earlier you can get help the better.
kp

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

I agree with KP, telling your doc could be a good idea if you're starting to feel low again... just so s/he knows and it might help you too by getting more off of your chest! :)