• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Should i be worried ?

• Thread starter Cyclerunliftlife
  • Start date
C

Cyclerunliftlife

I binge eat 3/4 times a week and have no idea why or how to stop it.
When i dont binge eat i feel great but when i do it really gets me down and feeling miserable and all i want to do is lay down or sleep.
On days i dont binge eat i have lots of energy and life in me but on days i do i feel like death and bored.
Im not gaining weight or anything because i work out alot weather i binge eat or not. Should i talk to someone or just wait for it pass because i havent always done this.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Staff member
Admin
Hi,
I’d get help, talking therapies can be really helpful.
Your GP can refer you or in some areas you can self refer.
Hope you can overcome this soon.
Hugs

C

Cyclerunliftlife

Is there anyone i can speak to that isnt a gp ? I have never been the gp since i was a child and not actually registered.

4LeafClover

4LeafClover

@Cyclerunliftlife
Thank you for sharing on this platform I’m sorry you’re going through this.
I’m not a professional in any way, I just have personal experience with this issue and have talked to a lot of other like minded individuals.
Normally a binging disorder is always caused by a trigger of some sort. Binging on food could have a lot of factors, from depression, a coping mechanism, restricting your food intake, boredom, etc. It helps to understand the cause of the binges, because they’re happening for a deeper meaning:)
I am always here to talk so message me anytime<3
Sending my love your way!

C

Cyclerunliftlife

I just hope these feelings pass. Right now i feel terrible havent done any workouts for few weeks that are meaningful and been eating like trash.
However i have felt like this before and it just takes so much effort to go back to what i think is normal but i feel like im spinning a wheel. I made some new goals for the new year regarding my goals. (Marathon + powerlifting related)
But the way in have been eating has been affecting my mentally and physically.
Its strange because i get nothing for eating in this way no benefit yet i still do it.
When chasing goals i feel top if the world and life cant get any better but when im not its so miserable.
Never really rant but here i go anyways.

4LeafClover

4LeafClover

@Cyclerunliftlife

Maybe you could just be going through a mental rest period right now??
This is what I’ve noticed through the years of my own mental health and friends/family.
Your body might be experiencing a sort of recharge time of life. It’s your soul figuring out your next step, your next mental feat, or just needing a break from the stress of reaching everyday goals. And it’s okay to feel like your “falling off” sometimes. You’re figuring it out and that’s quite commendable:) it might work to let yourself heal in a way that you can make small helpful steps.
Sending love<3