• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Should I be getting help for this?

S

sarojini21

Hi all, Just joined, and needing some advice. I have been experiencing a high level of stress in my job constantly since September and I have been working crazy long hours to keep on top. I'm also pretty sure that someone higher up than me is deliberately making life difficult. My union has been involved; this is not all in my imagination. This week I seem to have hit a new phase and I'm not sure if it warrants my seeking medical help or not. I just can't seem to concentrate any more although I'm constantly thinking about work. I am a newly-qualified teacher in an inner-city school and this week I am being observed by an advisor from my LEA, the following week we have a mock OFSTED inspection which may well trigger the real thing very soon. Trouble is, I can't seem to focus enough any more to get any extra preparation work done. Tonight I was sitting at my laptop and suddenly began crying. I can't sleep well, and I'm getting through the days on caffeine drinks. Tonight I kept seeing things I know aren't there peering round the door at me. I just can't imagine being able to make it through another day there- and we've only just come back after half term! All I want to do is shut myself away on my own, but when I do, I just stare at my laptop screen;writing this is the only thing I've achieved in over 3 hours. I feel like I am grinding to a halt somehow, and the more pressing it is to get some work done, the more inertia I get.
5 years ago, I had what my husband thought was a small "nervous breakdown" due to an emotionally stressful situation.This doesn't feel exactly the same, but some elements are similar.
What is wrong with me? I'm afraid I shall be too anxious to be able to do myself justice in the observations coming up.
Am I making too much of this, or do I need to get help? Are these warning signs?

iffybob

iffybob

The seeing things like you describe can certainly be lack of sleep realated .. you start to see things move in your periferal vision ....

.. if you are drinking a lot of caffine then cutting back on that might help, have a cut off point in the evening .. and have at least 1 hour ritual before you go to bed to prepare yourself for sleep ...

It does seem at the moment you are very tired , and anxios , try and get some rest , remember to eat properly as well ..

... I realy dont want to say that you have a problem as yet .. just a normal reaction to frustration and exhaustion ...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
blog15 Two things everyone should know Mental Health Experiences 3
Number 1 G Mental Health Psychiatrists & Home Care Or Other Area's Should Be Sued! Mental Health Experiences 1
R Honestly, am I just gonna be hated on and discriminated my whole entire life? Should I just give up on my education right now? Mental Health Experiences 4
R Should I go through with a ftm transition? Mental Health Experiences 3
B Why should I live, I will always be sick and it will get even worse Mental Health Experiences 7
H should i worry about covid? Mental Health Experiences 2
blog15 Two things you should never do> Mental Health Experiences 5
G How do you stop 'should-ing' yourself ? Mental Health Experiences 5
N Should I Take A Long Break From The Form? Mental Health Experiences 14
J i have family members on "hard" drugs should i be concerned? Mental Health Experiences 7
L My intrusive thoughts are getting really bad again Mental Health Experiences 1
C I dont think im ever going to be happy , im getting older my reality is facing me (plus lgbt relationship experiences) Mental Health Experiences 5
indigoroad I am getting impatient i think Mental Health Experiences 1
Ras getting real tired of psychiatrist, doctors and nurses Mental Health Experiences 13
L Trust issues getting worse... Mental Health Experiences 6
B Getting someone sectioned Mental Health Experiences 5
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
L Getting out of a situation and obligation Mental Health Experiences 2
T Unbelievably bad service /trigger warning/signs/not getting help Mental Health Experiences 58
moonperson Question about getting therapy! Mental Health Experiences 7
bpdgirl It’s getting bad again Mental Health Experiences 1
mandy125 might be getting evicted Mental Health Experiences 6
J Getting seizure like symptoms from food? Mental Health Experiences 1
B Am i getting too worked up? Mental Health Experiences 6
T Cops may need real help like we do Mental Health Experiences 13
Amelia2020 Please help: i feel like my mind is out of control Mental Health Experiences 1
T I tried to get help and got rejected Mental Health Experiences 13
M help! my friend with BPD is mirroring me & I dont know what to do Mental Health Experiences 1
J ***Please read and help*** unusual issue Mental Health Experiences 3
kimidare How to help my brother Mental Health Experiences 8
D Disability Law Service: No Help For Autistic Person Mental Health Experiences 1
N I am really depressed & don't want to live. My parents have disabled certain websites from my laptop based on keywor. So, i can't easily access help. Mental Health Experiences 7
J Would I be get reported if I confide this horrible act of mine to my therapist? Please Help!!! Mental Health Experiences 5
F New here, can anyone help with a childhood experience? Thank you Mental Health Experiences 34
Ineedhelp2921 This might help Mental Health Experiences 1
R Help for an 'all or nothing' mentality Mental Health Experiences 1
M HELP! I can’t stop shaking and can’t sleep Mental Health Experiences 2
S Help me understand him Mental Health Experiences 1
Naturelove7 I'm in a dilemma. Help! Mental Health Experiences 6
G HELP. How can I overcome emotional numbness and anhedonia? Mental Health Experiences 3
7 How can I help my friends with depression? Mental Health Experiences 5
L Im in need of some help. Mental Health Experiences 10
A Need help dealing with my mother Mental Health Experiences 3
Soladwor The more I live, the more I realize that not many strangers want to help me get out of this mental rut. Mental Health Experiences 1
C Please help - questions about my brother Mental Health Experiences 9
GhostOfLenin Help for ozzys Mental Health Experiences 1
C My first time here, talking about childhood experiences. Please help Mental Health Experiences 6
K Maybe I can help Mental Health Experiences 1
Memememememememe Help what's wrong with me?! Mental Health Experiences 9
T Triggered... feeling impulsive .. help Mental Health Experiences 8