• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Short Term Memory Loss

M

mark2006

Its a while since I used this forum, I was a sufferer a few years ago and noticed when my suffering was at a peak I had trouble remembering what I was going to say just before I was going to say it, also what I was about to do just before I was going to do it.
I was not sleeping at all for long periods and I know lack of sleep can cause this.
But this was nearly 3 years ago and I have been clear since then, recently I have noticed my short term memory is been affected again. I am sleeping a lot better now and not suffering from voices, has anyone else experienced this?

S

SuperZ

Mark,
In my case, the memory snips are due to the fact that all goes through them. If they don't recall, then you don't recall. If they don't want you to recall, snip, then you wont be able to recall, snipped. Dictation, bondage, captivity. Controlling. Sadistic. The only way around it that I've found is "Vitamins and Exercise with whole living foods". Bowl of the frozen type mixed vegetables for breakfast every morning. After a few weeks or months, this will literally begin kick their asses, makes it hard for them to maintain their presence, becomes toxic to them, and they'll try to trick you to stop. They are usually very successful at stopping us, devious, so keep this in mind.
Hope this helps,
Z

S

SuperZ

Mark,

They are often played at their own game, their own craft. Oh, a million ways to do it, and here's just a few.

1. They will often jump to act based upon a familiar face/voice that they believe to see or hear, but often it's just someone playing with them for the fool.

2. They keep referring to "you" and with an awful contempt and malice, when the truth is that they don't even know who "you" actually is, if "you" are even present, or when/where "you" actually came from.

My point is that possibly they are all being played, to see what they are truly made of. One thing's for sure, they are quick to jump to conclusions/assumptions.

As it is written; "Caught in their own trap".

z

M

mark2006

I understand the exercise and vitamins bit, ive done this all my life apart from when the voices were at their worst. Not sure about the rest of your response.

S

SuperZ

Mark,
Well, the only weapon we have is to remind them that what goes around comes around, 7X. I have stopped many attacks this way. During attacks, I have often told them that they are setting theirselves up for the same injuries, same treatment, life sentence.
Z

S

SuperZ

Do you ever hit the enter key too fast without reading those little popup windows messages? Happens to me all the time.

S

SuperZ

Looking back at how I've come out of some rally bad setbacks, I remember once using some chewing tobacco to pick me up, energised me, cleared my head, clearer thinking, got me up and moving around again. Gosh, decades have passed, and I've never used it since. I need to try something.

Z

parker

parker

Looking back at how I've come out of some rally bad setbacks, I remember once using some chewing tobacco to pick me up, energised me, cleared my head, clearer thinking, got me up and moving around again. Gosh, decades have passed, and I've never used it since. I need to try something.

Z
Redbull:cool:

S

SuperZ

Boy, had this strange dream last night. This guy was on a raft floating around in the sky, but then I found this television projection equipment there which produced the hologram, the delusion of people swimming/levitating through the sky. Also had a few social interactions with friends and family that weren't mine, people I don't really know. There was also a horrible accident, little midget guy fell from above, injured, everyone praying over him. Even he was praying. Even I.

What was that all about? Should we just refuse to ever acknowledge or entertain it; regard it as folly?

Thinking it over and this one voice is in the background screaming, and others are threatening to kick his ass.

z

enfantboheme

enfantboheme

short term memory loss could be a result of...

... anti-psychotic medication, or
... processing information overload in the old brain! (hearing voices is distracting, after all!
...use of illegal/street drugs, such as cannabis

pick a card, any card!

my memory is shot to hell, too! I find writing things down helps!

all the best,
enfant

S

SuperZ

Tea also hypes me up, where I become very active again. There are also medicinal options: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

@enfant, I agree, but with internal voices, they pride themselves in their ability to tamper with the memory process.

z

S

SuperZ

In the Year 220 , famed physician and surgeon Hua Tuo wrote Shin Lun, in which he describes tea's ability to improve mental functions.
Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea
z

S

SuperZ

Hi,
I had hoped for better response to this thread. Mark, or anyone else; what type of vegetable diet works best for you? Leafy greens, mix, or both? Are you also taking multi or mega-vitamins? Exercise? Anything else which works for you (for space, distance)? One of my biggest mistakes in all of this was not recognising and sticking with the diets which produced clarity and improved IQ. I was reaching for the stars and neglected to see the small advances. It's sad, as it was right in front of my eyes. Just had too many things going on at once, lost track. Strange how I had assumed, at the time, that working those 12 and 15 hr 6-day shifts was to blame. Nothing but time on my hands now days, and still in the same boat. Oh well....
Z

parker

parker

Hi,
I had hoped for better response to this thread. Mark, or anyone else; what type of vegetable diet works best for you? Leafy greens, mix, or both? Are you also taking multi or mega-vitamins? Exercise? Anything else which works for you (for space, distance)?
Sorry but you asked:p I'm not into the whole leafy green thing i'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I grew up working on livestock and dairy farms so i know what goes into them and the pride that farmers have. The whole organic thing is a joke, a marketing scheme, your paying for a paper trail is all because everything has to be certified. But i like it because the farmer actually can make money now:)

Steak & onions always makes me feel good. Redbull to give me the boost to get me off my ass when i need it. I'm a pepsi-holic, so i'm pretty much the oppisite of the health nut. I hunt so i do eat venison which is healthy, and some of the best tasting meat out there.

S

SuperZ

Parker,

Some foods give me huge IQ boost, improved memory, communication, social skills, and all capacities... become very sharp and much the wise. Living foods = live cells... I hear that the microwave kills everything, so....

I agree, nothing like a seared rib-eye over onions, rice or potatoes; and a good salad ;)

Z