• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Short-fuse

J

jooblue

Hey can I get an opinion from you guys?

when you're in a depressed episode do you ever get a really short-fuse over the tiniest things? Usually I am too unmotivated to care about anything or react to anything but lately the smallest things are sending me into a rage.

I'm been taken off Citalopram for a month because they need to decide what i should be on (i.e. not citalopram) so maybe it's to do with withdrawal....just wondering if anyone else was like this? :unsure:

Last edited:
E

ems

Founding Member
shortfuse

Hey can I get an opinion from you guys?

when you're in a depressed episode do you ever get a really short-fuse over the tiniest things? Usually I am too unmotivated to care about anything or react to anything but lately the smallest things are sending me into a rage.

I'm been taken off Citalopram for a month because they need to decide what i should be on (i.e. not citalopram) so maybe it's to do with withdrawal....just wondering if anyone else was like this? :unsure:
I THINK MOST PEOPLE GET LIKE THIS. EVEN THOSE WHO ARE NOT CONSIDERED MENTALLY ILL.
LIFE CAN BE SO FRUSTRATING. IF IT IS THINGS THAT GO WRONG I FIND THAT REALLY IRRITATES ME. BUT IF IT IS PEOPLE THAT IS ANOTHER THING.
I TRY REALLY HARD NOT TO TAKE MY ANGER OUT ON OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE I ALWAYS TRY TO THINK THAT WE DONT KNOW WHAT ANYBODY ELSE IS GOING THROUGH.
IT IS PROBABLY YOUR MEDICATION BEING STOPPED SO I WOULD CONTACT MY DOCTOR AND TRY TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON AND WHY IT IS TAKING SO LONG.
WHY DID THEY STOP THE CITALOPRAM? WAS IT NOT WORKING ANYMORE.
TRY TO RELAX. MAYBE LISTEN TO SOME CALMING MUSIC.
STAY IN TOUCH.
:grouphug:

J

jooblue

Thanks, it's good to know I am not the only one. Usually I am so calm and placid it's really weird how it can just change, i've never had a problem with losing my rag before.

I stopped the citalopram because the psych decided i am indeed bipolar and not purely depressed. he said i had to stop the citalopram for a month to clear my system so they could look at my mood charts and decide what the correct drug for me would be instead. I got another 3 weeks before I go back...

D

Dollit

I have a short fuse when I'm depressed, or rather a shorter fuse. I get frustrated because I feel I can't communicate, that I feel cut off from my life and the people I love, that I'm a huge failure (when I'm not a failure), that I'm unloved and unloveable and it all makes me angry. However, the good thing about being irritated to that point is that while I'm still feeling something I'm actually at a point when I can recover quickly. Good luck with getting through the next few weeks and hope the next medication is more suitable (anti-depressants can fuel mania so maybe it's good to stop). Do you have any idea what this will be yet? :hug:

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
short fuse - you bet

I have recently been engaging in small doses of road rage, then when that wasn't enough I though you know I gonna tell this woman, who nicked my parking space, face to face what I thought of her and I did!!! Hugely embarraasing in retrospect. I feel like I am standing up for myself rather than being unreasonable but your perception of stuff gets distorted

Trouble is when I see red I am not in the mood to see suff from other people's point of view

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Short fused in depression, heavily contentplation, bored.

I dont know how its measured across but is anyone familiar with the alarm clock system?

Last edited:
D

Dollit

My trouble is that I don't suffer fools gladly (or even at all) and I find people incredibly frustrating. When someone doesn't get an idea that to me is quite straightforward I just want to kill. Just a bit of an overreaction I think. :)

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
Short fused in depression, heavily contentplation, bored.

I dont know how its measured across but is anyone familiar with the alarm clock system?
not heard of the alarm clock system - what is it?

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
It is pretty frustrating. I guess some concepts will always be foriegn to some. Why is it always the things that are common sense thatsome dont get?

D

Dollit

I love your new avatar - where did you get that from? Some people are born with a lot of common sense and retain it, others get very little and seem to be determined to lose it as quickly as they can. :)

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Someone sent it to me years back. Apparently its my symbolic representation. A bit of genetic humor. Found it while clearing through some old files.

I guess its better that some have it instead ofnowone.

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
I guess darwin isnt happy with us. Part of the turtle joke...i think.

D

Dollit

Well they say two heads are better than one but with the way my head goes sometimes I don't want another one like this.

Paradoxeverywhere

Paradoxeverywhere

Founding Member
Sometimes we have two heads without even knowing it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Bipolar Forum 4