• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Shocked back to Life.ECT saved me.

A

alanb

Copy%20of%20Shocked%201.jpg

Hi from South Africa,
I suffered both Alcoholism and Depression and was only brought back to reality after receiving Sleep Therapy and ECT (Shock Treatment). I have a blog at http://alcoholism-alifesentence.blogspot.com which tells the whole story. Not pretty but there is always hope. Let me know what you think.
Cheers
alanb

A

Apotheosis

Hi Alanb -

:welcome: to the site, I like the beard - Your story sounds interesting - but I need to read through more of your Blog before I pass comment. I think people would read your post without the need to post the same one in 6 different places on this forum though.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Copy%20of%20Shocked%201.jpg

Hi from South Africa,
I suffered both Alcoholism and Depression and was only brought back to reality after receiving Sleep Therapy and ECT (Shock Treatment). I have a blog at http://alcoholism-alifesentence.blogspot.com which tells the whole story. Not pretty but there is always hope. Let me know what you think.
Cheers
alanb

Hello and :welcome: to MHF :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Alanb - welcome to the MHF. :welcome:

I'd be interested to hear more about your experiences of ECT. From your post it seems that they were positive. We've had a thread going in the treatments section of the forum where the experience was, you could say, more neutral. Anyway - would be great to hear from you.

Best wishes!

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
:welcome: to the forum Alanb

I've read through your blog which I found interesting and inspirational :)