• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Posting the question in this section as the symptoms seem to link with my anxiety. I often feel really cold and shivery when my anxiety is bad.
Thought it was hormonal for a while but it is quite different. I can feel cold and shivery even when the weather is really warm and brilliant sunshine
Am I the only one to feel like this?

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Not the only one Tabby. I feel the same exact way when I'm anxious (which is most of the time).

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Same. I find my state of mind and body temperature quite intrinsically linked.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Wonder what a GP/psychiatrist would make of shivering as a symptom. It is obviously reasonably common to those with anxiety.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A Pdoc would most likely say something like, put your heating on, your home must be too cold. In my opinion.

U

UMPALUMPA

I get shivering when I go out with my support worker for walks, I sweat when anxious so any breeze causes the cold effect/shivering.

fight or flight response - the body prepares itself to fight or give it Legs so it pre engages the bodys cooling response which is persparation ready to cool us down when we run or fight.

I also feel extremely dizzy when outside and have balance Iissues. Its like being pissed disorientated,

fank god thats only once a week.

Last edited:
tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Yes I have problems with balance Umpalumpa. I’ve got vertigo most of the time but slightest bit of stress/anxiety and it goes into overdrive. Hence my problems of travelling alone, especially around London which I need to do sometimes. using the tube is an absolute no no as I can’t get onto an escalator.

U

UMPALUMPA

Yes I have problems with balance Umpalumpa. I’ve got vertigo most of the time but slightest bit of stress/anxiety and it goes into overdrive. Hence my problems of travelling alone, especially around London which I need to do sometimes. using the tube is an absolute no no as I can’t get onto an escalator.
Its very restricting xx

We will get their won't we:hug:

P

pilesofsavan

My body temperature drops almost always when my anxiety rises. It will also go up and I'll feel very hot. I feel clammy and sweaty. When you get nervous, it tends to happen. Anxiety -- nervousness

R

Ryann90

Has anyone felt any relief from these symptoms or managed to overcome them