Shaving

T

TheBlondeBrunette

Okay so..
weird one lol.

Next week it will be 3 months since I last self harmed, eeep, SO proud of myself lol.

When I was self harming and even straight after or when I had scabs, when I would shave my legs they didn’t seem to bleed.

Now I haven’t SH in almost 3 months so I haven’t got scabs or anything.. but for whatever reason when the water hits my leg it feels weird, almost like prickly but it’s not my legs lol.. and EVERY time I’m shaving I’m bleeding a fair amount, it’s really weird because none of this happened when I was self harming.

Anyone know what’s going on lol?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
My legs bleed when I shave them, I find doing in the bath helps. I can't bath anymore as I'm disabled. Mine bleed more after showers.
Also using shaving cream helps, I think legs must go dimply and that is where the problem occurs.
Take care

T

Tabby120

In the last 3 months has your diet changed? Anything like iron consumption or vitamin D that would affect blood flow and clotting?

Have you moved or has there been any changes with the water company that would change the dissolved minerals in the water, making the water harder?

Has there been any physical issues that could alter the pressure you use to hold the razor and press it against your legs? Anything that could affect how sensitive your sense of touch is on the surface of your skin on your legs, or ability to feel the razor in your hand, or change of muscle strength in your hand?

Beyond that, I have no other ideas.