• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Shameful memory

U

umith90

First of all, please forgive me. I'm not a native English speaker, I’m from a south Asian country.

This is my story.. Now I'm a 36 years old male.. When I was 15-year old I had a bad sexual experience.

Actually it’s not abuse, it happened with my consent. I did oral sex with my male friend (same sex) at a wash room in school.

After that incident I felt deep shame and guilt as I’m not enjoying homosexual experience. Also I felt someone may see that as it's a bit of an open area.

I’m a bisexual person and now I’m married.

I’m getting that shameful memory from time to time and feel guilty, disgusted and anxious and I’m afraid If it’s revealed to my wife.

Please help me. How can I get rid of this shameful memory..

telepathic_one

telepathic_one

In my opinion we all do things we regret, it doesn't even seem that bad of a thing you did, lots of people experiment.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Sadly there's no way to erase this memory, you can only learn from it. Only our memories have the power to make us wiser people.

At least you can say to yourself you've tried it and decided it wasn't for you, I would believe that not many but probably more than you might think will have experimented in this way and truly know their preferences.

U

umith90

Your words has helped me to heal and feel positively. Thank you!