• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Shamans Equal Schizophrenics

shaky

shaky

Very good article.

Makes me want to go and do shamanic things.
But unfortunately ( or fortunately) I have a writers meeting I have to go to .

Kerome

Kerome

Interesting stuff, i liked reading the background around DMT. Even though it is not proven that schizophrenics do have a higher concentration of it in their bloodstream. But merely the fact that the human body contains a naturally occurring psychedelic amazed me.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Interesting stuff, i liked reading the background around DMT. Even though it is not proven that schizophrenics do have a higher concentration of it in their bloodstream. But merely the fact that the human body contains a naturally occurring psychedelic amazed me.
DMT research is interesting.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule (2010) is worth a watch -

DMT: The Spirit Molecule (2010) - YouTube

E

ettiene.dyer

The following YouTube channel and the series of videos produced there are very informative on this and subjects related to psychosis and spiritual crisis. It is the first place in my long years of research I heard it publicly theorized that acute \ chronic psychosis could be linked to an imbalance of DMT in the brain (for reasons given in the videos)...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLihOUViy_i6WCJpVD3gL9wp0mMpuxZudL[/video]

BrianHorlicks

BrianHorlicks

Anyone that speaks the truth,
Is surly going to be labelled as Schizophrenic,
Because you are telling and speaking about things
Outside of the current belief system.
Just like the Africans I've got to know at work,
Who live outside of the northern European education system.
Who tell me everything I've always known,
Found out on the Internet,
And posted on here,
To be true.

S

Slyorbital

Tuesday May 2nd,2017,9pm-10pm BBC2 Horizon Why Did I Go Mad?Program,Anyone going to watch this?

The program focused on three people who hear voices and tries to find an explanation that is an alternative to the conventional psychiatric one and speculates what alternative treatments this may uncover!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kerome

Kerome

Tuesday May 2nd,2017,9pm-10pm BBC2 Horizon Why Did I Go Mad?Program,Anyone going to watch this?

The program focused on three people who hear voices and tries to find an explanation that is an alternative to the conventional psychiatric one and speculates what alternative treatments this may uncover!
I was thinking I might watch it... am in the uk anyway and evenings are not busy.

Kerome

Kerome

Thought it was pretty good.

Mark_01

Mark_01

I hate when they go clear across the screen with the writing, it makes it impossible to read.