• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Shaking with Flashbacks

Zero One

Zero One

I just had some flashbacks and started shaking and trembling as if I was freezing cold...still shaking with this feeling like my jaws want to clench now. My house is cool but not freezing. Has this ever happened to you? Do you get any other symptoms while having flashbacks?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I don't have PTSD but i do get that ice cold feeling when i am depressed. It is like the warmth has drained out and i have been known to put the heating on, then later open all the windows.

I light incense or put the diffuser on during this time, to take my mind off of my body.

Are you having treatment or just resting?

Zero One

Zero One

I don't have PTSD but i do get that ice cold feeling when i am depressed. It is like the warmth has drained out and i have been known to put the heating on, then later open all the windows.

I light incense or put the diffuser on during this time, to take my mind off of my body.

Are you having treatment or just resting?
I don't understand your question, I'm sorry. Are you wondering if I'm being treated? If so then yes, my psychiatrist is working to stabilize me with meds before I go to therapy. Thank you for your answer it is very interesting.

Incense is a great idea, I love good smells.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I wondered if you were having treatment like therapy or medication, or both.

Sometimes people seem to not be having treatment and only able to rest and try and look after themselves as best they can, either through choice or not being able to get help. I knew someone who kept being discharged even though she needed help for PTSD.

I don't have PTSD but when i have symptoms in my body like restlessness or anxiety, i try to use my other senses to distract myself or just comfort myself. Incense is quite a strong smell and fill the room quickly so i find it helps.

I'm quite restless now, pacing the floors, and maybe coming on the forum isn't the best way to relax. My night medication should start working soon though.

Zero One

Zero One

I got confused with the word rest but that is a good way to look at it. I just got back on meds after a period of rest due to a really bad reaction. I didn't even want to take Tylenol. I have bipolar and schizoaffective disorder as well but I was thinking it might be related to PTSD because I was having it with flashbacks. Now I am wondering if it is due to the depressive side of bipolar. It was happening a little today but I think it was coming on when I was thinking a lot.

Sorry to read that you are feeling restless. I hope the meds start working for you soon.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
You have a lot to deal with.

The cause of symptoms confuses me too.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm just eating, drinking, washing, chores, hobbies, seeing family and hoping the rest will sort itself out without me doing any work on myself :)

Zero One

Zero One

Sounds like a good plan. I was thinking I need to focus on this less.