• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Shaking in my boots

M

Mastiff mom

So, my surgery is tomorrow and I'm so scared. I don't want anyone to touch me. I don't want the sudden blackness of anesthesia. And if the surgery doesn't accomplish all they think it should, they will wait until I'm awake to determine this- they will continue operating while I'm awake. I pray this doesn't happen. They assured me they would use a numbing agent but I knew immediately that meant getting shots around my eyes. I have to get through this and being a sobbing idiot isn't going to help.

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Will think of you MM, you will get through this, I hope it works well for you, know it must be really scary, but they will look after you xx

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

You're bound to be scared, I think any of us would feel the same. I do hope all goes well and your surgery is a success :hug1:

cherish

cherish

I will be thinking of you and wishing you well tomorrow :hug1: don't be so hard on yourself, surgery is scary for anyone , your NOT an idiot, i think your VERY brave:flowers:

rubyrose

rubyrose

Like I've said before, your apprehensiveness is understandable. But please try not to worry too much, MM. You are in my thoughts and I truly hope the surgery goes well and that there are no complications. Wishing you the best :hug:

amathus

amathus

Hi MM, hope it goes okay for you tomorrow, I'm sure it will. We will all be thinking about you.

Take care, amathus.

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Hey MM!

It's perfectly normal to feel like this and the advances in anaesthesia these days is amazing!

I completely understand, and it's okay, we are all with you
Davey x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hoping it all goes well for you MM and wishing you the best of luck.
Also, hope you have a quick recovery too. x