• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

shadow work to recognize your best self

Schizohayez

Schizohayez

Since having psychotic symptoms I have delved even deeper into my spiritual journey. I want to be the best version of myself even If im having intrusive thoughts. I have been doing research on shadow work and how it can be done and the results you should expect. So far I have learned that shadow work is about pointing out your own flaws. One of my biggest flaws is guessing how people feel about me before I even speak to them. I have this idea that some people are better than me for x y z reasons. So now that I have recognized this flaw I identify the feeling associated with. Sometimes I will google a emotion chart if I have trouble pinpointing the feeling. With the same example as before my feelings were insecure and defensive. Next I will write about these feelings, thoughts and ideas of this flaw I identified. Once Im done writing I will meditate, try to feel the emotions leaving through my finger tips and toes. Once I have meditated I will do a ritual. You can make up your own but mine is writing on a piece of paper what I want to let go of, or what I want to manifest or just a message to the universe. For example "I am free of insecurity and defensiveness. I am self assured and don't need external reassurance" I write this on a sticky note and a journal. The sticky note I will burn. This is my way of releasing it to the universe. And I write it in the journal to keep track of my progress with this shadow work.

This is just my own personal practice. I hope this helps someone. If you have your own method please comment it. id love to hear any feed back or comments :)

B

bracknelson

Whatever you shared about the experience is quite interesting and the way to get out from that is also effective. Most of the people suffer from this kind of hardship and they don't know how to get the situation rid off. I appreciate your techniques and also suggest those who are suffering from such hardships.

Schizohayez

Schizohayez

Whatever you shared about the experience is quite interesting and the way to get out from that is also effective. Most of the people suffer from this kind of hardship and they don't know how to get the situation rid off. I appreciate your techniques and also suggest those who are suffering from such hardships.
thank you

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

Seems the best thing to do is to trust ourselves to find our own way :)