Shabbat Psychotic attack

D

Danage

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but yesterday, on the way to Birmingham Progressive Synagogue (the Liberal Jewish synagogue in B'ham), I had a psychotic attack.

One really odd thing is that this is the first psychotic attack that has occured during the Jewish Shabbat (Sabbath).

Here is a part of an e-mail I sent to a Jew in Herefordshire that I trust a lot:

Now that I have skipped three days medication (including last night being a fourth), I had a few problems while in Birmingham, including hallucinations of all four senses that I have ever had hallucinated (sight - a car drove through a wall, and a building appeared out of nowhere, smell - chlorine in Birmingham, touch - the pain of the bullet my son shot at me returned in great force I almost fell over, and sound - I heard someone call my name just behind me, and when I turned around there was no-one there). I have never had hallucinations of all four senses in a day, let alone five hours. I think the stress of keeping Purim is getting to me, because I fear my mother will not let me keep it. In fact, I almost felt like telling the Rabbi to get me to the psychiatric ward of a hospital in B'ham. I also had a bit of a bad night last night, that I just slumped into a corner and tried to talk to my son rationally. My friends noticed this and practically ordered me to join in the party that was going on, which I did, which was a big enough distraction.

I know, through thought invasion, that in my son's universe the king of Prussia has successfully conquered Germany, forcing the German armies to surrender in droves and forcing the German armies to become a part of the Prussian armies. I already have ordered a counter attack, through my voice and not my thoughts (because in his universe I rule over the Earth and all her dependent colonies, the state being called the Imperial Republic of Earth, of which I am emperor). The French, British and Camelard (in other words Yorkist) armies are mobilising at Strasbourg, and the Russian armies are mobilising on the Belorussian border, ready to deal the enemy a crushing blow.

I haven't told my case manager, my OT, yet, and I am afraid that she will suggest over-medicating me, and I don't want to tell my mother because she will become upset. My friends, and you, I have told about the experiences I had in Birmingham, and they were determined that I not remain alone at least that night. I have very supportive friends, which is lucky for me.
I don't know what any of you would suggest, so any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks.

Shalom.

S

schizolanza

Danage are you ok? How come you're not taking your meds?

D

Danage

Danage are you ok?
I'm surviving, thanks olanza. I keep hearing random sounds in my ears though, like distant voices.

The thing is that on Monday night the Jewish festival of Purim begins, and I planned to go to the synagogue that night, but my mother hates my Jewish beliefs, and the fact I am a Jew by written Torah Law, so I fear whe will not let me go.

How are you?

How come you're not taking your meds?
I keep on forgetting, or I am too tired and go to bed without taking them.

S

schizolanza

I'm doing ok thanks.Though I keep on self medicating with alcohol.In a couple of months I'm going to start on the cannabis again and ditch the alcohol.
Danage you've got me worried about you.Dont you think it would be best to start taking your olanzapine again?It seems so out of character for you.

D

Danage

I'm doing ok thanks.Though I keep on self medicating with alcohol.In a couple of months I'm going to start on the cannabis again and ditch the alcohol.
Good to hear you are OK. Although you shouldn't self-medicate on alcohol or cannabis, at least, I don't think so anyway.

Danage you've got me worried about you.Dont you think it would be best to start taking your olanzapine again?It seems so out of character for you.
I have just sent an e-mail to my case manager, after my friend and mentor advised that I do so. He told me he would only see me on this coming Saturday/Shabbat if I told my case manager.

I missed taking the olanzapine, and I am afraid that if I take it now, it will knock me out too early. I don't want to go to bed too early in the day, so I am going to wait until the evening, when I am advised to take it.

Do you think I should contact Home Treatment?

Thanks.

Shalom.

S

schizolanza

I think you should take your olanzapine as soon as possible.You are hearing voices and seeing things.Just be careful Danage,you don't want to end up in hospital.

Q

quality factor

Hi Danage,

Hope you are going on OK....don't forget to take your meds and if you still are hallucinating get in touch with somebody who can give you some help and advice.

Take care. QF

D

Danage

Hi Danage,

Hope you are going on OK....don't forget to take your meds and if you still are hallucinating get in touch with somebody who can give you some help and advice.

Take care. QF
I'm OK now, thanks. How are you?

I have taken the Olanzapine and it has improved the situation. There are no more hallucinations at the moment, of any sense, spare the odd sound, but nothing too major.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Danage,

Glad to hear you are taking your medication again - how are you today?
KS

D

Danage

Danage,

Glad to hear you are taking your medication again - how are you today?
KS
Yesterday, before the Jewish festival of Purim I had a few ups and downs, and the same after the service in the synagogue. Today has been just fine though thanks. How are you?