• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

SH

L

Lostlady333

I don’t want to say too much info here because I would hate to trigger anyone
But atm I’m doing this daily. I know it’s not healthy or good, but it gives me some relief. And it’s hot where I live and I have to keep myself covered up. And I know there are better techniques, rubber bands, ice.etc But atm nothing feels better than hurting. Sorry

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

when i was younger i used to exercise as a form of SH. you can exercise your self into total exhaustion. which can be euphoric in a way. because then your too tired to feel anxiety or anything. perhaps you could try that form of SH instead. as long as u get enough rest afterwards its actually healthy.

L

Lostlady333

when i was younger i used to exercise as a form of SH. you can exercise your self into total exhaustion. which can be euphoric in a way. because then your too tired to feel anxiety or anything. perhaps you could try that form of SH instead. as long as u get enough rest afterwards its actually healthy.
Thank you. I have a Fitbit and I do over 20,000 steps a day. I feel exhausted at the end of the day. I don’t sleep much and SH helps bring me down. Not healthy, and my body is sore and hurting. Thank you so much for replying.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Thank you so much for replying.
most of my exercise used to be driven by anxiety. it would fuel the exercise and then burn itself out and i would be calm.

now that i dont have as much anxiety i mostly just exercise as something to do while im listening to music. now that my foot is acting up and its winter and i cant ride a bike im stuck inside posting on this forum as something to do instead when i listen to music

the music is a decent mood stabilizer

L

Lostlady333

most of my exercise used to be driven by anxiety. it would fuel the exercise and then burn itself out and i would be calm.

now that i dont have as much anxiety i mostly just exercise as something to do while im listening to music. now that my foot is acting up and its winter and i cant ride a bike im stuck inside posting on this forum as something to do instead when i listen to music

the music is a decent mood stabilizer
I love music too. Especially songs that have meaning. It can take me to a lovely place. what songs do you like the best. Sometimes the songs I listen to can be quite dark but they do give me a bit of relief. Thank you

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

I love music too. Especially songs that have meaning. It can take me to a lovely place. what songs do you like the best. Sometimes the songs I listen to can be quite dark but they do give me a bit of relief. Thank you
i listen to a wide variety of music genres, because i have alot of moods so i need alot of different music. also i listen to music more for the mood then the emotion. the mood is more important to me then the emotion because i feel moods stronger then i feel emotions. so i like alot of music that is more mood based then emotion based. alot of the music i listen to is intrumental for that same reason. i dont need the human element. i listen to alot of electronic, which my boomer buddy says has no soul haha.

L

Lostlady333

i listen to a wide variety of music genres, because i have alot of moods so i need alot of different music. also i listen to music more for the mood then the emotion. the mood is more important to me then the emotion because i feel moods stronger then i feel emotions. so i like alot of music that is more mood based then emotion based. alot of the music i listen to is intrumental for that same reason. i dont need the human element. i listen to alot of electronic, which my boomer buddy says has no soul haha.
Thank you for your reply. It would be awesome if we could share music here. With links. I’m not very good at this but I listen to a lot of songs on utube. And sorry if I seems but hypo at the moment but I’m literally hanging on by a thread. I would love to share some songs, if everyone else would like to.

ht46

ht46

Thank you for your reply. It would be awesome if we could share music here. With links. I’m not very good at this but I listen to a lot of songs on utube. And sorry if I seems but hypo at the moment but I’m literally hanging on by a thread. I would love to share some songs, if everyone else would like to.
If you go into the chill out lounge there's a thread "what are you listening to" it's good times we just post songs.

ht46

ht46